Best prices on RXP parts ?

I am looking for a muffler for a 2004 RXP. Does anyone have a spare to sell or know the best place for pricing a new one ? I'm also known as FLRXP on RIVA Forums.

Are there any companies making alternatives for the RXP?

Without getting into details, my original is ruined.

+1
    uh oh, did you try doing the waterbox mod?

You said muffler, but which do you mean? The resonator or waterbox?

Ok, possibly I am confusing everyone. I will call it the muffler as it is called in the parts lists.

It ( muffler and Riva exhaust) was ruined today when the water IN line from the intercooler gave loose. In an instance like this, the liquid sensor at the muffler goes off stating a hi temp which it did. Only problem was, it melted out of the exhaust and then dropped into the water that was gathering below in the hull. I shut off ski, pull seat and am looking everywhere and checking what I can with a hot engine, taking water, and trying to balance.

Those who own an RXP know that its not exactly easy to see everything with just the seat off. "i'm thinking ...ok what can it be ,
    and I see water coming in quickly!!!

I had to make the decision to start the ski and return to shore or hydrolock it was coming in so fast. I make it to 3 foot of water and turn off ski ( about 200 yards.) But by this time ( and this is not at wide open racing to shore) its too late. Ski blows a hole in the muffler and melts down the new plastic exhaust in two places.

I checked hoses and clamps over multiple times. I'm a little skeptical in reusing the short water IN hose reused in Riva instructions and will contact them directly by phone tomorrow about this as it could be a problem . Possibly, I made a mistake along with this kit in that scanario.

ok, onward..I know the problem and how to fix it ...but need to get stock parts.
    274001095 Muffler
    274001008 Front Muffler Cover
    274000984 Rear Muffler Cover
    293750020 Tie-Rap 838 mm
    278001016 Liquid Temperature Sensor

or possibly theres alternatives ?

The best prices I can find online appear to be from Extreme Powersports

+1
    Full Throttle; Maybe I can help you out. I priced all the parts on your list. Retail is $572.11. I pay $394.70 for them. We add on 10% profit which comes to $39.40. You would pay $434.10 plus whatever the actual shipping cost comes to. If you want the part prices itemized. I can do that too.

Richard
    Check out our website, www.hpmarineltd.com

Richard,

You are definately helping here.
    I will call you tomorrow at the shop to discuss. Great pricing and your close I need a nice road trip to Melbourne and then spend the day at Cocoa Beach. Thank you for taking the time to look these parts up and provide a quote.

Will

+1
    Damn thats tough luck bro! That hose feeding the intercooler must be clamped VERY tight!!

How did that thru hull exhaust sound?

Pretty sweet sounding for about 3-5 mins...LOL

I was on the water at 11am
    By 12:30pm I was back at the garage pulling the supercharger and muffler out and checking for any water in the engine. I'm safe , no water ingested, but I want to get a vacuum oil remover I feel and change it.

I pulled the SC, carefully pulled back the intake manifold and also inspected the plugs for any water. Oil on dipstick was normal with no water droplets in the oil and it was also not foamy. No water got into the Intercooler but I made sure there also.

Ya know, I was a little saddened when the project was complete, now I get to carry on . If you dont look at it that way, your not enjoying modding and wrenching. I just kinda of wished the money was going toward speed parts instead of OEM.

BTW, you change you own oil ? any suggestions on a vacuum oil remover canister type? I'd like to start doing that myself.

Will

Get the Oil boy! Overtons.com has the cheapest pricing right under $50! I just brought mine last week!

Hey ! Guess who got his stage II back in action today !
    Hey! Guess who cant test it because of Hurricaine "Dennis the Menace" LOL!

First off, thanks again Richard for the offer to help. I wanted to give RIva a chance at working with me since they sold me the StageII parts. They came through very well and it all worked out good. One of the parts I required was a specific race part from them and they gave me a discount that I could not refuse.

If I can catch good weather tomorrow, I'llbe warming up the engine and changing the oil and filter first off. Then maybe..ifthe water in the bay is flat ( good luck huh ?) I'll do a few test runs near shore, let the ski cool and recheck all the clamps and fittings.

Wish me luck guys!

Thread Information