Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

rxp-x question..

i know that if you upgrade to the power filter, they reccommend the steeper pitch prop, but im wondering, if i upgrade the intake grate, do i need to get something else? i see it as sucking more water, so do i need to get rid of it faster or does it not matter, also, what is the difference between the grate in the store, and the one that comes on the X? basically i have a few hundred bucks, about 6, and wanna get the most bang for the buck, any thoughts are helpful, thanks

With the grate you may want to look at cutting the wings off the stock grate you gain top end speed because it doesn't cause as much drag and its free to do.

Have a look here
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55043

The power filter will give you 100-200 rpms, that's too many. I'm already at 8150. The power filter would put me at 8250-8300. To lower the rpms to 8000 or 8050 you need a steeper prop which is what Riva is recommending. It will gain you speed also. A power filter and prop may add 1-3 mph.
    Then the Riva grate isn't suppose to be quite so aggressive, which means it will flow more water, and gain speed. And yes you can cut the stock one also. Me, I'm waiting for the Riva grate.
    I'm going to do the same thing, air intake, grate and prop. Should really fly then!
    My 2 cents.

+1
    RIDEALLDAY has a good point, getting that threesome combo seems to be a good bang for the buck without compromising any safety (Riva's done some testing I assume so this would be better than cutting the stock grate and risking the nose dive). I'm just not a fan of the wedge but I still don't know if the nozzle mod is also tied into the intake and prop tandem. This is one ski that seems fickle in terms of having to add a mod for a mod in order to get the most out of it.

Don't forget to fill your ride plate holes

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEALLDAY View Post
    The power filter will give you 100-200 rpms, that's too many. I'm already at 8150. The power filter would put me at 8250-8300. To lower the rpms to 8000 or 8050 you need a steeper prop which is what Riva is recommending. It will gain you speed also. A power filter and prop may add 1-3 mph.
    Then the Riva grate isn't suppose to be quite so aggressive, which means it will flow more water, and gain speed. And yes you can cut the stock one also. Me, I'm waiting for the Riva grate.
    I'm going to do the same thing, air intake, grate and prop. Should really fly then!
    My 2 cents.
    If your rpms are that high you might try putting some pitch into the stock prop for the time being.
    I have put 1.2mm into my stock prop and on the last ride i was still at 8,100rpm. I am going to add another 1mm or more to try to get to 8,000 rpm, until i get my 15/22. That is going to be alot of pitch to add to stock but i think it will work. I will find out this weekend.

thank you guys, grate, prop, and power filter is the way im going for now then

So will cutting the wings and not doing anything else make it really buck when you get up to a certain speed.Also will i get there with just cut wings on stock grate?Can anyone confirm the amount if any hookup difference witht the wings cut on the stock grate?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hi im drummer03 View Post
    So will cutting the wings and not doing anything else make it really buck when you get up to a certain speed.Also will i get there with just cut wings on stock grate?Can anyone confirm the amount if any hookup difference witht the wings cut on the stock grate?
    I cut the wings off the intake grate and did not have any overstuffing/bucking issues. I was doing 75mph and on and off the throttle no issues what so ever. I think the only time you will run into overstuffing is if you reduce the size of the venturi. That is my therory I will find out soon enough. I also did not notice a loss in hook up.

+1
    Watch chopping the throttle running wide open

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information