Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: wtb used engine

wtb used engine

looking for a used engine assembly for a 02 f12x honda aquatrac. I know this is almost impossible, but thought I would give it a shot.

engine

SBT now carrys Honda

Honda Turbo Engine

Quantity in Basket:none
    Code: 40-601
    Price:$2,300.00

Quantity: Available March 1st,2008.
    This is a Standard remanufactured Honda Turbo engine. It includes the cases, crankshaft, head assembly, all new internal parts & a woodruff key and a 1-year no-fault warranty. See below for all associated parts.
    Applications:
    2002-2006 F12X
    2004-2006 R12X

thanks, I'll call them on monday.

Just out of curiosity, if you still have one why can't you rebuild it at a fraction of the cost. Depending on how bad it is.

a customer of mine bought this at an auction. knowing it didn't run at the time, when I started checking it out, it looks like it was on the bottom of a lake for some time. engine is locked solid so not sure how bad until I tear it all the way down but cyls are solid rust. just seeing if there is a cheaper way to go for him.

+1
    There is not that much you can do to rebuild a Honda engine for less than $2400. That is a really good deal, I wonder if they reuse the stock valve springs?
    This makes me a lot more comfortable keeping mine for another year.
    JR

wow! Bottom of a lake for a some time? I would be curious to see just how messed up a Honda engine would look after sitting there for awhile. How in the world does that happen in the first place on a Honda? Post some pics for those of us morbidly curious. I was out at the Pismo Surf Slam last Fall and one of the pros was doing a backflip on his Superjet and upon impact tore off the hood and sunk it in the waves. They stopped the competition for about 30 minutes in an attemopt to locate it in 20 feet of water with 8 foot+ waves crashing all around. Didn't find it. I don't know when they eventually retrieved it but it would have been down there getting beat around for at least 6 hours. That would be a site to see. bring on the pics of the worst damage you've got! We all love PWC carnage...until it's our own. I know some guy over at the other forum dropped his off the trailer on the freeway but he never posted pics.

+1
    terkkata, you're lucky..what you have is called a 'core' and will save him about a thousand bucks with sbt i bet. Price is 2300 with core

I think that's a great price if you need to replace a damaged motor. If I had a rusted mess or a hole in the block I would get one. You'd basically have a brand new motor. Luckily I didn't and rebuilt mine for about $1500. Which was new pistons, rods, bearings, bore job, gaskets and Nitro's valve springs. I wish I had gotten his pistons.

sorry I haven't responded been in recovery from surgury but all okay. will have to wait to see if my customer will pay for a tear down to post pics. don't like doing work for free these days. will try to keep you updated. this was an old rental ski that I bet somebody forgot to return. when they found it, probably figured they would get more at auction than try to part it out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information