+1

Question for the 185 hp members

I have a 2005 GTX SC (185) with a Riva Stage I, RXP Pump, Free-flow Exhaust, Metal Washers and Holes Filled. I currently have the Kanaflex 4" hose, SiliconeIntake 4"-3" 90, and SS filter, but have not installed it. I am wanting to add the Greenwheel in a month or so. I am not sure if I want to add the 4" intake and tweek the impeller now, and add the Greenwheel in a few weeks and tweek again. My question is: What MPH/power guestimates should I get with the 4" intake and without the Greenwheel? Is it worth to go through the work twice, or just wait a few weeks and do it at the same time as the Greenwheel?

Another factor: Being in Central Louisiana, I am makking the trek to Orlando, FL May 16, and will probably get Greenwheel AFTER the trip.

65.5, 1/2 tank, 210 rider, flat water, 77 degrees or so air.

Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    I have a 2005 GTX SC (185) with a Riva Stage I, RXP Pump, Free-flow Exhaust, Metal Washers and Holes Filled. I currently have the Kanaflex 4" hose, SiliconeIntake 4"-3" 90, and SS filter, but have not installed it. I am wanting to add the Greenwheel in a month or so. I am not sure if I want to add the 4" intake and tweek the impeller now, and add the Greenwheel in a few weeks and tweek again. My question is: What MPH/power guestimates should I get with the 4" intake and without the Greenwheel? Is it worth to go through the work twice, or just wait a few weeks and do it at the same time as the Greenwheel?

Another factor: Being in Central Louisiana, I am makking the trek to Orlando, FL May 16, and will probably get Greenwheel AFTER the trip.

65.5, 1/2 tank, 210 rider, flat water, 77 degrees or so air.
    i would do it at the same time thats just me , i would also add an xs ic that was the best improvement for me. With the set up you have in mind you should see 66-67 you probably wont see over that beacouse of your 7650rpm rev limit. Also the 185hp units have a smaller sc gear then the 215hp so it will produce 7% less boost at any given rpm.
    Hope this helps you out in someway.

You might want to fill your ride plate holes and remove your opas all that stuff creates drag and thats our biggest enemy with these three seaters.
    Mabe a wedge to bring the bow up would be nice to.

+1

Stage I includes: 2 degree wedge, 13/20r Solas mpeller, intake grate, power air intake, OPAS Comp kit

I also have the rideplate holes filled and RXP pump housing.

I have the 4" air intake materials, and plan to add the greenwheel in a month or so. After that, it is the XS intercooler and thru-hull exhaust.

Any other input/suggestions is appreciated. --Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    Stage I includes: 2 degree wedge, 13/20r Solas mpeller, intake grate, power air intake, OPAS Comp kit

I also have the rideplate holes filled and RXP pump housing.

I have the 4" air intake materials, and plan to add the greenwheel in a month or so. After that, it is the XS intercooler and thru-hull exhaust.

Any other input/suggestions is appreciated. --Jeremy

i had mines with almost the same mods the only difrence is i was using a stage 3 charger instead of a greenwheel. Dont knoe how much that will affect your topend but it shouldnt be much. Just so you knoe when you add the xs ic you will need 42lb injectors. The 58psi fuel regulator is also a good mod for the gtx sc.After all that is done you will have reached the limits of the 185hp engine becouse of the cast pistons that come with it.
    If you ever want to go faster you need to convert your 185hp engine to a 215hp by adding the forged pistons that come inside the 215hp models.

If you need some more advise let me knoe your traveling the same path i did a couple months back so my info will help you.

+1
    put the 4 inch in now, but dont repitch the impeller until you swap in the greenwheel

How to converts seadoo 185hp to 215hp

Thread Information