Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

250 ultra 2008 how good?

hi posting this on here as well as the seadoo room.
    i own a 2004 stage 1 rxp at the moment.and having been to my local dealer show last week and him telling me to get on the rxp-x decided to possible invest in the x.
    but the dealer has told me id be far better off with an ultra.as there trouble free,better in heavy or even light sea,1k cheaper and unless on glass will be better than an x.
    now hes a dealer for seadoo,kawasaki etc them all bar yam.so its not as if hes trying to sell his specific ski.
    i ride mainly in heavy-normal sea but am in the uk so its usually heavy lol.
    having looked at the ultra today the build quality is superiour and the new green is nicer than the x id say.
    any of you own both?whats your opinions??
    i like wavejumping and rough but also like the race round bhoys.how good is the ultra handling?
    thanks in advance people.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I rode with a RXP-X and an RXT-X on wedensday, If you are after top speed and great hole shot get a RXT-X or RXP-X ,the X-P is terrible in any kind of chop( as for the difference in top speed in smooth water on the P-X and the T-X, was less the 1 mph), If you want a good hole shot and superior rough water handling get a Ultra.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    I rode with a RXP-X and an RXT-X on wedensday, If you are after top speed and great hole shot get a RXT-X or RXP-X ,the X-P is terrible in any kind of chop( as for the difference in top speed in smooth water on the P-X and the T-X, was less the 1 mph), If you want a good hole shot and superior rough water handling get a Ultra.
    Harry,
    How well do you think a stock 250X will hang with a P-X or T-X in the chop?

+1
    It would smoke a X-P, they are bad in the rough, but stock for stock, Id have to say the X-t would probably pull from a stock 250 (any thing under 1ft chop but anything over that the 250 would shine), Scott, (shhr) has a new X-T, and was only at @ 2 hours so he wasnt pushing it to hard, but he wasnt to far behind in the rough, he also GPSed at like 68.3 on average with one 69.2, , both the X-P and the T-X were pulling me from the hole shot, not by much, I had some one shooting video, but I dont think I need to let him do the video any more,
    Last edited by Aquaholic6801; 04-18-2008 at 11:08 AM.

+1
    It would smoke a X-P, they are bad in the rough, but stock for stock, Id have to say the X-t would probably pull from a stock 250 (any thing under 1ft chop but anything over that the 250 would shine), Scott, (shhr) has a new X-T, and was only at @ 2 hours so he wasnt pushing it to hard, but he wasnt to far behind in the rough, he also GPSed at like 68.3 on average with one 69.2, , both the X-P and the T-X were pulling me from the hole shot, not by much, I had some one shooting video, but I dont think I need to let him do the video any more,
    i also rode the t-x and p-x on tue over in uk.
    wasnt inpressed with the handling of the t-x.
    the p-x was an animal but its the same hull as my rxp and i feel it could be better in the chop.i feel its very lightly built.
    im told the kawi would out turn the x-p?is this true?

+1
    The Ultra handles better than any ski I have ever ridden.

I was on the water with my skis (two 08's) yesterday and a friend had his 07 FX HO out also

My daughter let him ride our 08 250 and his ski is now for sale

another converted......

+1
    The Ultra handles better than any ski I have ever ridden.

the dealers quote to me was.if you sit your arse on the kawi you wont ride anything else.he says he garantees me that.is the handling really that good?what about stock p-x and ultra round bouys?
    bye the way his own personal ski is the new ultra thats the one i looked over.
    is the tourqe alot more than the p-x?being a 4cyl?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Hi baba850 is this dealer you speak of in OZ by any chance

?????????

Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post
    the dealers quote to me was.if you sit your arse on the kawi you wont ride anything else.he says he garantees me that.is the handling really that good?what about stock p-x and ultra round bouys?
    bye the way his own personal ski is the new ultra thats the one i looked over.
    is the tourqe alot more than the p-x?being a 4cyl?
    they are totally different skis. The p-x will handle the bouys better I am shure. The ultra will handle the rough water better. The ultra is more comparable to the T -X.
    You have to decide what is more important to you, riding the rough, or bouys. The ultra handles very well for such a big ski, but it is big. If I had my choice I would own an ultra and a P-x together and use them each for thier intended purpose. Ultra for the cruising days and rough water, and P-X for when playing around acting stupid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information