Region 8 New Rider Advice needed

Hey,

Ive been in the sport for almost 10 years now and have always wanted to try closed course racing. I've only been to once race at Lake Anna 2 years ago. So needless to say I don't know too much about racing.

I'll obviously be running in begginner class at first. However, my ski is setup as a limited. Can you run a limited ski in begginer?

I am also looking for some advice as to what to bring with me to the first race. And if someone is willing to help set me up and walk me through the first weekend. I don't have a 4wheeler so depending on the race site I may need help dropping in my ski.

I'm trying to convince some friends to come up with me but may also need to find some holders. Is this a problem?

Also as far as gear goes. I've got an old MX helmet, and some googles. I'm guessing i need some sort of shoes, a long wetsuit, and gloves. Anything else. Anything you all recommend?

Thanks

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigborexpl View Post
    Hey,

Ive been in the sport for almost 10 years now and have always wanted to try closed course racing. I've only been to once race at Lake Anna 2 years ago. So needless to say I don't know too much about racing.

I'll obviously be running in begginner class at first. However, my ski is setup as a limited. Can you run a limited ski in begginer?

I am also looking for some advice as to what to bring with me to the first race. And if someone is willing to help set me up and walk me through the first weekend. I don't have a 4wheeler so depending on the race site I may need help dropping in my ski.

I'm trying to convince some friends to come up with me but may also need to find some holders. Is this a problem?

Also as far as gear goes. I've got an old MX helmet, and some googles. I'm guessing i need some sort of shoes, a long wetsuit, and gloves. Anything else. Anything you all recommend?

Thanks
    gloves, helmet,wetsuit, boots, goggles...

bring that and just show up

myself and any number of people from the region will be more than happy to help you in your first race

Now thats hospitality Dan... Way to step up!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post

Now thats hospitality Dan... Way to step up!
    i did the same thing

showed up at my first and here we are 7 years and thousands of dollars later

Cool sounds good. So I just need to register and show up and I should be set?

This sounds like fun, however I had a major setback last night and was fired so I'm unsure if i can make it to the first race or not.

Thanks for your help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigborexpl View Post
    Cool sounds good. So I just need to register and show up and I should be set?

This sounds like fun, however I had a major setback last night and was fired so I'm unsure if i can make it to the first race or not.

Thanks for your help.

that sucks bro.....

let me know if there is anything we can do to help get your ass here.......

+1
    If you need anything just ask around every one in region 8 is great ! xpl is a great boat for the courses they make .

I'll be there to give you a hand too. Boat #703. My name is Tim, just come on over and introduce yourself and we'll get you set up.

Thread Information