Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hydroturf mats

Question Hydroturf mats

Hi,

I found some cheap Hydroturf mats online for $69.95US. These are for an 03 GTX hull. Is this a good price?

Also they have the option to get the mats with 3M backing for an extra $25 or I can order the Hydroturf contact cement for an extra $10. Due to the extra weight of the 16 oz tin of contact cement the shipping to Australia is an extra $9 so there is not much difference in price.

Should I go the 3M option or is the cement glue better?

Cheers

Price is good... normally you would find it at like 80 or so... Jerry sells it in his store if you didn't know...

As far as the material to put it down, use the cement, work out better

SkiOnDaBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by XtRmn8 View Post
    Hi,

I found some cheap Hydroturf mats online for $69.95US. These are for an 03 GTX hull. Is this a good price?

Also they have the option to get the mats with 3M backing for an extra $25 or I can order the Hydroturf contact cement for an extra $10. Due to the extra weight of the 16 oz tin of contact cement the shipping to Australia is an extra $9 so there is not much difference in price.

Should I go the 3M option or is the cement glue better?

Cheers

Everything that i've read says that the mats with the adhesive already there are great. I ordered some and they should be arriving today

I got my HydroTurf mats today with the 3M backing. I did not get anything to fill the holes from where the rivets are.

Can I just put there 3M mats over the holes and not worry, or will they leak?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by XtRmn8 View Post
    I got my HydroTurf mats today with the 3M backing. I did not get anything to fill the holes from where the rivets are.

Can I just put there 3M mats over the holes and not worry, or will they leak?

Cheers.
    How did you take out the old mats? on the hole? they are riveted, what did you do with the rivets?

I have not yet removed the old mats. Going to do it sometime this weekend if I get time. I was going to drill the old rivets out.

If your ski is the same as my RXP, pop the black inserts that goes on top of the rivets. Get a drill bit about the size of the hole of the rivets head hole. Drill straight and slowly. You will get through and the backside of the rivets will fall inside your hull. Don't worry about them for now. If your done drilling, get some 2 part epoxy and start mixing. The one I used is a tube kind that when you cut it up and start mashing it with your fingers and they hardend up fast. I nick named it C-4. It's like soft clay untill it hardens up. Fill the holes and cleaned the exess with a razor blade while it's still soft. Make sure its flat as my ex-girlfriend's chest before you put the mat on. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    If your ski is the same as my RXP, pop the black inserts that goes on top of the rivets. Get a drill bit about the size of the hole of the rivets head hole. Drill straight and slowly. You will get through and the backside of the rivets will fall inside your hull. Don't worry about them for now. If your done drilling, get some 2 part epoxy and start mixing. The one I used is a tube kind that when you cut it up and start mashing it with your fingers and they hardend up fast. I nick named it C-4. It's like soft clay untill it hardens up. Fill the holes and cleaned the exess with a razor blade while it's still soft. Make sure its flat as my ex-girlfriend's chest before you put the mat on. Have fun.
    I forgot to attached the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1366.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	720.1 KB 
ID:	80042   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1365.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	694.5 KB 
ID:	80043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1403.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	573.9 KB 
ID:	80044  

Cheers for the feedback!

I am going to take some pictures and post them up as a guide for others. I am looking forward to removing the old plastic mats.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information