Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Newbie...

Newbie...

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I was looking for answers about a part and stumbled onto the site. Hopefully you all can help me out, and probably get a laugh. I've been riding PWC's for a few years but never really got into the modification aspect, as I spend enough money modifying my car...

Anyways, I have a Yamaha GP1300R and it is part of the recall that was mentioned on another post here. When i called the guy who works on my and my friends skis he asked if we wanted him to put volcano cones on while he had it apart. I didn't know what the hell that was, but my buddy is more in the boat performance stuff so I figured he would know, and I could save face for not knowing. Turns out he didn't know either. Can anyone help me out here? My googling hasn't brought me any real answers, but I'm thinking it may be a pump cone or impeller cone... Am I on the right track? If so, is this worth the cash? I'm assuming the guy will install them for free or nearly free since it's basically in the same area as the recall pertains to....

Thanks!

+1
    This is the first I have ever heard of this.

+1
    Ask him what it is and what is does? I'll tell you right now, if you can't find it here it isn't worth having! Oh yeah, and don't forget to come back and tell us what he tells you so we can all laugh.

It may be that piece that was being sold on e-bay a few weeks ago that you just plug into the air temp sensor and gain like 10mph lol!

You should spend some time here you may learn alot.

Welcome to the forumn.

If we've never heard of it, it probably doesn't work. But let us know.
    If you want modifications, look around here- the skys the limit- speed and money.

+1
    My guess is he's referring to individual flame arrestors. The stock airbox has to be removed to do the throttle cable replacement, thats probably what he meant about being in there already.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    My guess is he's referring to individual flame arrestors. The stock airbox has to be removed to do the throttle cable replacement, thats probably what he meant about being in there already.
    I was thinking along the same lines. Maybe velocity stacks?

thanks for the responses guys. I'm thinking that it's some kind of nickname, which apparently isn't commonly used. The guy, from my understanding really knows his stuff, so I don't think he would lead me a stray. He said the part cost about $275 if that helps at all, though it doesn't sound like anyone really has any idea beyond speculation. I'll have to ask him and get back to you guys. Thanks for the welcomes! I'm not really looking to do anything beyond just having fun with the ski, so I doubt I'll be doing anything to crazy in the way of modification.... That's what I said about my Mustang too though.... Anyways... I'll let you all know what I find out...

+1
    welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Whoosh View Post
    thanks for the responses guys. I'm thinking that it's some kind of nickname, which apparently isn't commonly used. The guy, from my understanding really knows his stuff, so I don't think he would lead me a stray. He said the part cost about $275 if that helps at all, though it doesn't sound like anyone really has any idea beyond speculation. I'll have to ask him and get back to you guys. Thanks for the welcomes! I'm not really looking to do anything beyond just having fun with the ski, so I doubt I'll be doing anything to crazy in the way of modification.... That's what I said about my Mustang too though.... Anyways... I'll let you all know what I find out...
    welcome to the HULK!

never heard of volcano cones..... even if it was a pump cone or flame arrestors, 275$ is way to much,, so its probably something else..

+1
    Before you catch the "speed" bug, do a lot of research (reading) on this forum. You will find that some components can enhance power, while others promote safety, operability, etc. Some components will work against what you are try to accomplish and so even though it does what it says, it is a waste of your money.

There are some fine tuneing things that you can do that cost little to no money, that are the basics for a really sweet running ride. Other components are just plain must haves. Keep your wallet in your pocket for a while and use the "search" button here to get good solid info on what ever component or topic that you are interested in. And as others have said, if it hasn't been discussed here, it probably is not worth having. It may also be a speed secret that a few know about but just aren't saying.

Welcome to the forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information