Hood Problems on 08 RXT

Ok so heres the deal. i take my RXt out this week and open the hood, and i hear a "snap!" so immerdiately im like oh crap wtf?! and it turns out that the hydraulic post snapped off where its connected to the top ball. Has anyone had any trouble with this? Considering this is a brand new machine i am not very happy. I brought it to the dealer directly after my ride and its still there awaiting a new part....Other than that its a great machine great fun. Just gotta make sure the hood doesnt smack you in the head when you open it. im hoping they can fix it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RXTSpeed8500 View Post
    Ok so heres the deal. i take my RXt out this week and open the hood, and i hear a "snap!" so immerdiately im like oh crap wtf?! and it turns out that the hydraulic post snapped off where its connected to the top ball. Has anyone had any trouble with this? Considering this is a brand new machine i am not very happy. I brought it to the dealer directly after my ride and its still there awaiting a new part....Other than that its a great machine great fun. Just gotta make sure the hood doesnt smack you in the head when you open it. im hoping they can fix it soon.
    my experience with an 07 rxt was that there was too much slop with the ball/angle bracket, so I tighted everything up and no I have no problems.

yea the same thing happened to my friend on his brand new rxt-x

Thread Information