gpr 1300 power loss

hi guys please help ,went out today but the thing revs (5000 ish) but doesnt go ,well aleast fast anyway is this a catcon problem coz i dont know if a dplate is fitted.i did notice a peice of rope wraped around the drive shaft though after getting home but surely that isnt the cause or is it ??any help would be welcome thanks

+1
    yes the rope can kill it big time

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nobbyq View Post
    hi guys please help ,went out today but the thing revs (5000 ish) but doesnt go ,well aleast fast anyway is this a catcon problem coz i dont know if a dplate is fitted.i did notice a peice of rope wraped around the drive shaft though after getting home but surely that isnt the cause or is it ??any help would be welcome thanks
    a rope around the driveshaft will cause alot of cavitation and produce symptoms as you are describing. It does not take much to interrupt flow in the pump are to cause cavitation. Take it back out to the water next time and see if its better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    yes the rope can kill it big time
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    a rope around the driveshaft will cause alot of cavitation and produce symptoms as you are describing. It does not take much to interrupt flow in the pump are to cause cavitation. Take it back out to the water next time and see if its better.

+1

try it without the rope and i bet your golden

thanks guys will see tomorrow

still crap

took the rope off and it feels like a slug up to mid range, but then it will pick up, well not every time ,but low end ,it revs but hardly moves .where exactly is the cat con positioned ,pic anyone

thanks in advance

+1
    this may not have anything to do with cat-con but the cat-con is in your stinger pipe fyi.
    I just pulled apart my buddy's ski because he had same problem. After removing the rope the thing would barely go. I figured the prop was tweaked (happened to me last year) and took it off. When I looked, the spline on the driveshaft and the teeth in the prop were both worn pretty bad to the point the driveshaft was almost freespinning. I would check prop and wear ring clearance.

This happened to my buddy last year on a Seadoo RXDI. It took a rope and some junk through the pump. He removed the rope and everything he could see in the pump. Ran like crap down low and through the mid range. He had the dealer look at it for him while they got it ready for the season they say the prop and wear ring was messed up. A pump vein was also trashed.

He got it all fixed and not it runs like new. So I am betting your impeller is bent out of wack.

Thread Information