Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Has To Be Something Doesnt It!!!!

well much to my dismay, i was chillin in my garage looking at my motor, i seem to do that alot .. and i noticed some spots of grease on my nice shiny heads,, so i looked a little deeper and noticed the grease on top of my bilge like it was slung on there... then i noticed the big daddy of spots,, right on the 3rd cylinder was a giant patch of grease,, and my pto pipe on bottom is all slicked up....

so grease is projectile squirting from my intermediate housing onto my motor,,,, my guess is i didnt put the shaft in as far as it should have been and when the pressure builds up in the tunnel it gets released into the housing and squirts all over my motor... now that i think about it theres probably water in the housing now instead of grease.....

so i either need to pull the motor , or pull the pump and scoot the motor forward to get the housing out,,, only problem is the front pipe is almost hitting the gaas tank straps so i doubt i can slide it far enough to the shaft out....... i really dont wanna have to pull everything but if thats what needs to happen then so be it... and to think this all could have been prevented if i didnt rush myself so much...ohwell guess ill log in some more hours under the seat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4180256.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	632.7 KB 
ID:	68313   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4180255.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	729.8 KB 
ID:	68314   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4180253.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	729.0 KB 
ID:	68315  

+1
    Contrary to popular belief, there is no grease in the bearing itself. There is only grease between the rear 2 seals to serve as a water barrier.

well then its the grease that i put on the seals when i put the shaft in... should i have not put grease on the plastic lips in the housing?

+1
    Where is the grease hose that is supposed to be on the intermediate housing?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsntx View Post
    Where is the grease hose that is supposed to be on the intermediate housing?

dont have one on yet,, i know i should.... i woulda thought the pressure would have pushed the grease out of that hole instead of the shaft?

+1
    How do you know that the pressure blew it out of the shaft? Did you install the seals to the proper depth when you rebuilt the int shaft? Proper depth is VERY important.

How do you know that the pressure blew it out of the shaft? Did you install the seals to the proper depth when you rebuilt the int shaft? Proper depth is VERY important.

well i assume it blew from the shaft because of the location and spray angle of the grease.... i didnt rebuild the housing i bought a new one,, but when i put the new shaft in i had made a mark off the old shaft and transfered it to the new one and set it to that depth,, at the time i didnt own a caliper so i couldnt get an accurate measurement,, so i decided that if it was in as far as the original shaft id be ok,,,, apparently thats not the case...

+1
    So this would qualify as a GPR money shot?

+1
    Remy, something is definately wrong from what I can see in the pics. You dint have to pull the engine, just slide it forward and pull the intermediate housing out.

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    So this would qualify as a GPR money shot?
    funny you should say that,, i have a ...special video thats called money shots and this one would definitly take the cake

Remy, something is definately wrong from what I can see in the pics. You dint have to pull the engine, just slide it forward and pull the intermediate housing out.

ill try but i think the front pipe will hit the gas tank strap before the housing will slide out,, but ill try to undo the strap and see if that works..are you thinking its not coming from the shaft?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information