55.4 MPH first full throttle?

I have 6 hrs on my 150 speedster 215 hp and wondering if 55.4 on GPS is a good top speed to start with? That was on a 65 degree day with 66 degree water temp. two people and almost a full tank. I have babied it since I got it and did everything I was supposed to up until now I wanted to see what it had and I gave it a good blast . Will the motor brake in a little more and maybe increase top end a little? Does the computer have a safe map or program it is running until it hits 10hrs? So it will remap after breakin and be a little faster.
    Last edited by atom1234; 04-19-2008 at 06:15 PM.

That's about right. I was 57.0mph in similar conditions with 6 hours, except with only myself in the boat. I lose at least a MPH per passenger.

About the ECU break-in, there was a lengthy discussion about this a year ago, and some very knowledgeable industry people chimed in. The consensus was that the supercharged ECU begins at zero hours with the timing retarded six degrees and fuel richened five percent. The 10 hour dealer-throws-a-switch myth was debunked, they said the ECU automatically starts sliding back to spec in the 5 to 7 hour range. Your ECU is giving or close to giving 100%, but engines themselves loosen up over time, and I've heard people say that at 20 hours or so, their ski really came to life.

Thankyou as always

My stock 06 boat went 50 mph GPS at 3500 ft elevation. Max RPM probably 7700. How much does that last little bit of RPM and how much does the elevation really effect things?

I would think the air is thinner and has less o2 ,so the boat is running richer. Just a Theory

Quote Originally Posted by vwDavid
    My stock 06 boat went 50 mph GPS at 3500 ft elevation. Max RPM probably 7700. How much does that last little bit of RPM and how much does the elevation really effect things?
    Each 100rpms is good for an extra MPH. Being in Florida, I don't have any experience with altitude and the boat, but obviously you're working with less oxygen. Really though, considering your colder environment, and at only 3500ft, your performance is way below what you should be at. 50mph and 7700rpm is where you should be at in the naturally-aspirated 155hp version (you are supercharged, right?). Adding a drop-in performance SC impeller would compensate for your altitude, but I think you've got another problem. My stock IC was clogged with sand once, and it dropped my RPMs by 300.

Can you post a picture of your strainer in the bildge area to see where you put it and what line you put it on.

Hard to see in the picture, but you want it inline before the intercooler. The hose that is not going into the IC originates back at the jetpump. The first picture was from when I just had the stock intercooler.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Groco Strainer.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	462.5 KB 
ID:	69142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XS IC 1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	464.9 KB 
ID:	69143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XS IC 2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	390.7 KB 
ID:	69144  

Thread Information