2003 GTX SC starting problems

Got a GTX SC that's been sitting for 8 months. Hard to no start. Changed plugs, have spark, turns over weak even with good battery sounds like it is loaded up.

What should be the compression on these things?

it did backfired on me and blew the resonator to hell. Just plugged up the water box with a cap where the resonator went. Intake manifold looks good with no cracks. Runs great as soon as it starts but takes forever to get it started. Was thinking TPS sensor but now I have no clue other than run the hell out of it.

Does anybody have any helpful ideas

thanks

03 GTX S/C started

For anybody else having problems with starting a S/C 4tec from sitting. pull your fuel rail off and turn your ski over to see if there is fuel being spit out of the injectors. Should be a even spray on all 3. Then buy yourself some plugs and change them but make sure you buy the ones that you can remove the cap. if you did all this and still no go do what I just did and remove the intake hose from the S/C off to ensure you are getting all the air that it needs. Well at least it did for me. now I just have to figure out why oil is getting into my intake.

How much oil is supposed to go through the S/C. I thought the S/C just forces air and no oil as the oil is there to lubricate the shaft of the S/C inside the motor. Please if anybody can give me a light bulb on this it would help me from blowing this ski up.

thanks

+1
    the stock air intake system integrates a breather hose that routes blow-by to your air intake track. it shouldn't have very much oil unless your ski is overfilled by a lot.

03 gtx

Going to do an oil change on it Friday and hopefully that what it is. Thanks for the info and wish me luck

try to drain the gasout and put some fresh gas back in

Thread Information