Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Noob--07 Ultra250 x

Hi, my name is Tommy and I'm an addict---to being on the water.

Thought I would get a couple laughs first. Just got a new 2007 Ultra 250x today. Dealer had it tucked away for some reason ended up paying 11500 with trailer. Now all I have to do is the 5 hour break in. You guys have any info on things I should pay close attention to during the break in period.

The dealer has already performed the 4 recalls.

Nice forums, been looking around a little before posting.

Thanks in advance,
    Tommy
    Last edited by Ultrabullit; 04-19-2008 at 10:15 PM.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Forum...................heres a lil more reading to get you up to speed........................... http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19484

there are quite a few opinions on break in. do a search and you will find tons of info. My way:

1. DO NOT USE THE SLOW KEY.
    2. First couple minutes let her idle.
    3. First half hour do some 3/4 throttle runs, short bursts, with varying rpms.
    4. Then ride it like you stole it and the owner is following you with a gun.

Key thing to remember, do not keep constant same rpm. Vary it greatly.

Kawi considers it broken in at 5 hours.

Many people change their oil at 5 hrs too. Dont use synthetic yet.

Thats just the way I did mine and no problems. I am shure the pros will chime in shortly.

Also check oil level as many dealers overfill it. Remember, search is your friend and welcome to green hulk.

Thanks for the info TN and Red. I took it out today after work, had to idle for about 10 minutes in the no wake zone, the next 20 minutes was varying speeds up to around 30mph, then the final 30 minutes was some speed bursts, never went full throttle tho.

Congrats and welcome.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Red08Ultra250 View Post
    there are quite a few opinions on break in. do a search and you will find tons of info. My way:

1. DO NOT USE THE SLOW KEY.( the 250 X is already too slow)
    2. First couple minutes let her idle.
    3. First half hour do some 3/4 throttle runs, short bursts, with varying rpms.
    4. Then ride it like you stole it and the owner is following you with a gun.

Key thing to remember, do not keep constant same rpm. Vary it greatly.

Kawi considers it broken in at 5 hours.

Many people change their oil at 5 hrs too. Dont use synthetic yet.

Thats just the way I did mine and no problems. I am shure the pros will chime in shortly.

Also check oil level as many dealers overfill it. Remember, search is your friend and welcome to green hulk.

Enjoy your ride.

The manual recommends use of the slo key ONLY to tow in sea doos, as their hulls would shurely delaminate with the awesome power of the 250x.

Thanks for all the replies guys, Finally got to open it up this weekend on some glassy water. I know the speedo is probably not the most accurate but I saw 65 with me (150lbs) and my GF (90lbs) with 3 bars of gas showing. Later on in the afternoon could not get above 60.

Also one more quick question, the low fuel alarms went off when I was down to one bar left on the gage. I pulled the seat off when I got it loaded and it still had a few gallons left in it. Does it alarm early so you will have time to make it back to land?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrabullit View Post
    ... the low fuel alarms went off when I was down to one bar left on the gage. I pulled the seat off when I got it loaded and it still had a few gallons left in it. Does it alarm early so you will have time to make it back to land?
    Yes, alarm goes off even with 7 galls plus left in tank. I know I can run down to 0 bars and still only need about 16 galls to top off.

You have to experiment for a while to get comfortable with the conservative gas guage.

Note: Stock Ultra may not be able to reach the last 3 galls without the R&D fuel extender. You may not want to ever run tank bone dry as it may cause damage.

Supp: These issues have been thoroughly hashed in prior threads. You can search if you want more details. Good luck.
    Last edited by Blue 182; 04-28-2008 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Supp

Cool deal thanks Blue. I have been looking at the fuel extender and reading up on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information