Alarms at high speed only, FI

Took both skis out, 2002 turbos f-12s newly repaired by self on test run in lake Ida in Florida out of Delray beach. Was very happy with the results. Both do 60 mph but one alarms after getting to 60 mph and I hope it's the waste gate not opening all the way, at least thats my thinking. Keeping it about 50 or less was alright, but the wife left me in her spray all day.
    We covered 50 miles and it showed at the gas pump, $ 100 to refill them and still had a 1/4 tank left. Thats the price for 2 skis and lots of fun. They are everything they said they were. Caddy's of the water for comfort. Quiet! Music and head phones next time maybe. Getting to trust them for long trips will come in time. Yes, you get wet and it is expected. It's a water sport. Loaded with fuel helps you get wet, nose heavy. Eddie

+1
    If it is an F12 instead of a F12x then it does not have a turbo or a wastegate. You can use the search here or on PWCtoday.com to find out how to read the malfunction codes that are stored in the ECM to your 'Ski. When you tell us the stored code[s] we'll try to tell you what's the best fix.

You and your Wife need to take a cruise on the Suwannee River if you really want to enjoy your 'Skis. The are springs to swim in every few miles and 90 miles of glass calm water.
    JR

OK,, I needed to edit, I worked so hard on the putting the turbo back on one of them, that now, I forget to put the X after F12.. It's a F12X. I also had actualrator rust I repaired with 600 degree epoxy puddy. The ride yesterday was great, but up and down a river such as Suwannee river would be better. Too many homes here. It was glass here too.
    You know, I forgot to check what it alarmed on this time. Should not be knock sensor. Will it alarm on waste gate? It was FI again though. Did not count light signals. Does it store them even after battery disconnected? Thanks Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    If it is an F12 instead of a F12x then it does not have a turbo or a wastegate. You can use the search here or on PWCtoday.com to find out how to read the malfunction codes that are stored in the ECM to your 'Ski. When you tell us the stored code[s] we'll try to tell you what's the best fix.

You and your Wife need to take a cruise on the Suwannee River if you really want to enjoy your 'Skis. The are springs to swim in every few miles and 90 miles of glass calm water.
    JR

+1
    I think the codes are still stored after voltage loss, but killing power does reset the limp-home mode. Usually the waste gate actuator will trigger an overboost alarm, requiring you to pull the lanyard and let the ECM reset the limp-home mode. You might need to install a boost guage if the loss of performance keeps up so you can see if the ECM is pulling back on the boost.
    JR

JRINJAX
    You and your Wife need to take a cruise on the Suwanee River if you really want to enjoy your 'Skis. The are springs to swim in every few miles and 90 miles of glass calm water.
    You got that right. I'm looking so forward to getting back there. We went to the lot about a month ago and the river was up at least 12'. Full of logs and debris floating down river. There is a corner on the Suwanee about a 1/2 mile before it hits the Sante Fe where you can get a lot of wave action when boats pass through this narrow section. And if you continue down the Suwanee, there is a cool water playground just past the bridge with very long ropes and slides.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spatera View Post
    You got that right. I'm looking so forward to getting back there. We went to the lot about a month ago and the river was up at least 12'. Full of logs and debris floating down river. There is a corner on the Suwanee about a 1/2 mile before it hits the Sante Fe where you can get a lot of wave action when boats pass through this narrow section. And if you continue down the Suwanee, there is a cool water playground just past the bridge with very long ropes and slides.
    I think we are going to be putting in at Fanning Springs or Branford Springs Park the Saturday before Memorial Day. Hopefully we'll see some of ya'll there for a day on the Suwannee.
    JR

Thread Information