Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1

For those with GIO - Injector Theory

I had an idea for another "test" with regards to the possibility of injectors leaking and that would be to swab the cylinders for fuel with a cotton ball on the end of one of those flexible tool retriever tools.

I personally do not think injectors are the smoking gun as someone would have likely hydrolocked by know, but it is a possibility that could contribute.

Just an idea.

Insn't there an self lit inspection tool similar to what doctors use to look in your ear that has a long fiber optic probe?

I swear i've seen one.

I dont think the injectors leaking is the big or only cause of the gio problem but are a contributing factor. Couple all of the things that i am working on in other threads and it is a major problem. Very fixable and looks like it might be pretty cheap and easy to fix but a big problem none the less if left alone. I wish someone with an 07 that has put the hotrod injectors in would take their stock ones to someone to check them. There are plenty of people in any comunity capable of checking simple injector funtion and sealing. Your cottom threory may also show results. And yes the tool you speak about is called a boreascope (spelling). They are not very expensive.

+1
    Pull the fuel rail with the injectors intact. Fab up a long plate with 4 holes to keep the injectors on the fuel rail, hit the key to turn on the fuel pump and pressurize the injectors and see what happens. If you let it sit overnight or for a long period, this would also check out the "pressure in the tank" theory.
    (Sorry about stealing your idea ES)

Beagleman....i think the excess pressure in tank occurs after riding for an extended period of time.. caused by the dump of extra pressure from the pressure regulator being in the pump and dumping pressurized fuel directly back into the tank. So just having fuel injectors pressurized by fuel pump pressure may not cause them to leak. I would think that a person could take them to someone that works on injectors and let them mount the injectors on a "injector bench" and then apply pressure and see if/when/@ what pressure they leak. Would be interesting to mount a pressure gauge on the tank and ride hard and see how much pressure really is accumilated.

did they solve the gio problem on the 2008 250x?

I'm starting to think not as I just checked my dip stick and i did reduce the oil before taking the ski out yesterday. The oil dips off the dip stip before I can even get a look at it (seems very thin) sooooooo i'm thinking my 08's have caught the plaque

mkaman...what does it smell like? Gas in oil will make a car run rich so i asume it is the same with these skis.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    bm,

it seems the 08's are better. A couple of changes made is elarging the crankcase vent tube and eliminating the breather box, plus it has been reported the 08 fuel map is leaner. Other than that according to the parts diagrams per my recolection, the rings, pistons, injectors are the same and not superceeded.

For those who keep asking the differences between the 07 - 08, have a look at the parts diagrams on Kawi's website....very simple. There are some that have both 07 and 08 ski's here where you can post here: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54138 to ask them to look and picture the differences

Quote Originally Posted by MKaman View Post
    I'm starting to think not as I just checked my dip stick and i did reduce the oil before taking the ski out yesterday. The oil dips off the dip stip before I can even get a look at it (seems very thin) sooooooo i'm thinking my 08's have caught the plaque
    How did you break the ski in?

It's starting to sound like a harder break-in seats the rings better, which could reduce GIO. I'm curious if your case correlates with that...

Quote Originally Posted by imaginate View Post
    How did you break the ski in?

It's starting to sound like a harder break-in seats the rings better, which could reduce GIO. I'm curious if your case correlates with that...

I broke them in hard, both of them

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information