Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    240

    Repitch, 15/20 or Reduction Nozzle

    I am having an issue with my 3 hour 14/19R were I am hitting the rev limiter and bouncing off. Have seen as high as 8260 RPM. You can see my upgrade on my sig and am trying to decide which route to go. Can I repitch the 14/19 and push some more out of it? Do I buy a reduction nozzle and go the the 81mm ring? Or do I upgrade prop? I have talked to Jerry about this and wanted to see what you guys thought when you hit this point in your upgrade path. I really did not think I would have this problem with the 14/19R with the upgrades I have but it is obviously costing me top end speed right now not being close to 8100 RPM. Will appreciate any suggestions.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    1,414
    IMO, reduction nozzle. You'll be able to tune your RPMs better than just throwing on a bigger prop, and what happens if you can only turn the 15/20 to 7950rpms? Sounds like a 81mm should get your RPMs to their sweet spot.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,145
    +1
    9
    Just FYI, I have a 14/19R that was re-pitched to 15/20 and it works great on a Stage 1+. 74 - 75 mph at 8050 - 8100 rpm.

    Mike

  4. #4
    Treemn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs FL
    Posts
    3,324
    +1
    637
    15/20 and the nozzles less work. nozzles are a quick tune up or down on the RPMs.

  5. #5
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemn View Post
    15/20 and the nozzles less work. nozzles are a quick tune up or down on the RPMs.
    +1...you are ready for a 15/20
    Stay off the limiter, regardless!! It will eat your exhaust manifold ring in the J pipe quickly because the ski goes lean above 8100 and the manifold gets hot enough to melt the manifold end ring. Don't ask me how I know...$350 fix.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rydal, Georgia U S A
    Posts
    3,936
    +1
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    +1...you are ready for a 15/20
    Stay off the limiter, regardless!! It will eat your exhaust manifold ring in the J pipe quickly because the ski goes lean above 8100 and the manifold gets hot enough to melt the manifold end ring. Don't ask me how I know...$350 fix.

    I don't know how you can say that... My 06 had 33 hours on it and 5 SC's blown on it and pitched it to 8450 every time and raced it like that. NO Issue with the manifold or motor! I had to setup washers after every 52 minute race.

  7. #7
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    I don't know how you can say that... My 06 had 33 hours on it and 5 SC's blown on it and pitched it to 8450 every time and raced it like that. NO Issue with the manifold or motor! I had to setup washers after every 52 minute race.
    Well, I ran my 07 RXT with stock ecu at 8260-8280 for one afternoon, about 2 hours. I was on the limiter cutting in and out but I had to catch my guys. When I pulled the J-pipe the manifold was melted as shown here:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43132
    Others have had the same problem running lean on the limiter.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rydal, Georgia U S A
    Posts
    3,936
    +1
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Well, I ran my 07 RXT with stock ecu at 8260-8280 for one afternoon, about 2 hours. I was on the limiter cutting in and out but I had to catch my guys. When I pulled the J-pipe the manifold was melted as shown here:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43132
    Others have had the same problem running lean on the limiter.
    951 in NY has the motor.... Everyone told me it would hurt the ...... and it didn't. It was the strongest pulling motor for stock I've seen. It was first to the corner in Nashville and Half a lap ahead in Texas in 18 laps (1.6 mile laps) Maybe it's just the stock ecu?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Clermont FL.
    Posts
    227

    repitch 15/20

    I have a 05 rxp, it is turning 8150 rpm withmy mods. At what rpm does the rev limiter start coming in

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rydal, Georgia U S A
    Posts
    3,936
    +1
    14
    [quote=divin10;613755]I have a 05 rxp, it is turning 8150 rpm withmy mods. At what rpm does the rev limiter start coming in[/quot

    8100

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. running 15/22r without reduction nozzle
    By richrxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 04:28 PM
  2. WTB: 15/20 or 15/22
    By codymouse54321 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 09:33 AM
  3. WTB for RXP 14/19, 15/20 or 15/19
    By camar0 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 08:53 AM
  4. 15/20 or three blade?
    By Buds06RXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 10:36 AM
  5. 15/20 or adjust-a thrust
    By ausrxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 08:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •