Exclamation preventative maintence

Hey guys and gals, I am probably preaching to the choir but preventative maintenance is a must of these ski's. I have been a marine outboard mechanic going on 10 years so over doing is quite the habit. There are two fuses on my '07 RXT that I have overlooked and never pulled and inspected. The battery charging circuit fuse and the battery fuse, two 15 amp fuses next to main fuse box. The other day I was running my ski for the first time with the new intake, and at about 67 MPH everything died. Imagine my thoughts, sh!! what did I do? Needless to say my hind parts puckered a bit, no steering and in the middle of the river. After finally floating to the marsh I was able to get off pop the seat and after a lot of head scratching and cussing my ski I found those two fuses. They were both corroded and blown. I put the spares in and was off and running again. When I got home I pulled all the fuses and coated them with dialectric grease and cleaned the slots real good and sprayed them down with CRC 656. I never thought water would get behind the seal of that fuse box cover. It won't happen again I can promise you that! Just some of my experiences that I thought I would share. Its what makes a forum a forum right?

Hey man good thing you figured it out quick... . I think the first thing when running into a problem with this type of technology into our skis is to check for blown fuses before anyhting and it will save a lot of headaches....

+1
    excellent message about preventative maintenence ! PM goes a long way. I look at it as cheap insurance. Thanks for sharing !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preventive_maintenance

Yeah you're right! I think I just went into panic mode because i had just finished the intake and overlooked the obvious.

+1
    Everything falls into these categories....

Thread Information