+1

My 15F Impeller - Input Requested

I finally got the nerve to pull my pump on my 15F this weekend, as I was having light to moderate cavitation problems on a hole shot. The pictures below are how it looks. Definitely some light damage. But my question is...does this amount of damage indicate that the impeller should be rebuilt or replaced? Or do you think that I can file/sand the damage out?

I've got a stock impeller I will sell ya!

Also have a skat track 13-19 impeller.

And to answer your question, more than likely you can get it fixed at Impros. If thats light damage on an impeller, I'd hate to see a heavy damage impeller....Lemmie know.

+1
    yes, that needs to be repaired. i'd send it to impros and have them repair, re-pitch for your exact modifications, blueprint & add thier speed finish to it.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I would send the whole pump to Impros, with that kind of damage to the impeller, I would imagine the inner wall is also damaged, cant really tell from your pics though and I would also get a new outter seal......

+1
    Thanks for the replies.

It is clear to me now that the impeller needs to be refurbished/replaced. I've ordered the impeller wrench, new outer seal, new impeller boot, and new o-ring for the pump exit area, parts are due early next week. I plan to try an SBT rebuilt prop, pricing just can't be ignored...

Regarding the damage present, I have to thank the previous owner for the prop damage, but I'll take credit for the damage to the outer seal that happened when a stick got lodged in the pump and was spinning round and round until I could slowly make my way to the boat launch and pull the ski out to work on it.

The pump wall is scored, but my strategy at the moment is to replace the impeller and see how the performance is. If I have fixed the cavitation problems, I'll just let it be since I'm not doing any competetive racing at the moment

For future reference, does Impros reline the pump housing? From what I saw online a new pump housing (minus bearings) is something like $250...

One more thing...anybody have a recommendation (and source!) for some good molybdenum disulphide grease (moly grease) for the spline on the driveshaft? From what I understand using moly is important in spline drive applications...

Thread Information