Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    SideFX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    BC Interior
    Posts
    988
    +1
    5

    Question loose hose goes where? & rusty trim motor

    Looking through the net and am stumped on where the hose in the image is supposed to go. One line exits the hull and the other wasn't hooked up anywhere that I could easly find. Can someone with experience or who owns a 1050 xls have a look at theirs for me?

    Also found the problem with the trim system. As suspected, seized.
    The gear clusters all came out easily and are in good condition. Just need a 12 volt motor at near 5.9 RPM and can put the old gear onto it. Found the only one on line was sold out and was much too pricey as well for being used at $65.00
    Motor couldn't be worth more than $20 surplus somewhere?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	68658   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	68659   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	68660   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	333.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	68661  


  2. #2
    I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,972
    +1
    34
    That would be the bildge siphon...I have mine in the lowest part of the hull and in the back because when you give the motor throttle, the exiting water jet sucks the water out of the hull through the tube.

  3. #3
    SideFX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    BC Interior
    Posts
    988
    +1
    5
    Right on! You guys, this forum... are just awesome!!

    Quote Originally Posted by hyoctane23 View Post
    That would be the bildge siphon...I have mine in the lowest part of the hull and in the back because when you give the motor throttle, the exiting water jet sucks the water out of the hull through the tube.

  4. #4
    100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    JUST NORTH OF CUBA-- FL,KEYS
    Posts
    2,556
    +1
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by SideFX View Post
    Looking through the net and am stumped on where the hose in the image is supposed to go. One line exits the hull and the other wasn't hooked up anywhere that I could easly find. Can someone with experience or who owns a 1050 xls have a look at theirs for me?

    Also found the problem with the trim system. As suspected, seized.
    The gear clusters all came out easily and are in good condition. Just need a 12 volt motor at near 5.9 RPM and can put the old gear onto it. Found the only one on line was sold out and was much too pricey as well for being used at $65.00
    Motor couldn't be worth more than $20 surplus somewhere?
    i cant find it right now but
    someone i think xlint98 put a better r/c car motor in ther for a faster trim altogether
    mattman

  5. #5
    SideFX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    BC Interior
    Posts
    988
    +1
    5
    Ya, that's the idea.
    Will look in local stores and bring in old to compare to. Many thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYZBUM View Post
    i cant find it right now but
    someone i think xlint98 put a better r/c car motor in ther for a faster trim altogether
    mattman

  6. #6
    SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids,Iowa
    Posts
    6,381
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYZBUM View Post
    i cant find it right now but
    someone i think xlint98 put a better r/c car motor in ther for a faster trim altogether
    mattman
    Not Bad Gramps,It was Xlint that used a R/C motor,only complaint was it was a little touchy because it adjusted faster.

  7. #7
    SideFX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    BC Interior
    Posts
    988
    +1
    5
    Quick solution to that would be to add some resistance.
    Something like a 2 or 3 volt lightbulb in series would slow it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    Not Bad Gramps,It was Xlint that used a R/C motor,only complaint was it was a little touchy because it adjusted faster.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homer Glen Il.
    Posts
    8,702
    +1
    109
    try and spray it up and get it to turn and then chuck it in a drill and spin it over slow for awhile and it should work again .i had 3 or 4 i did that with and they worked for acouple of years .

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,028
    +1
    2
    I tried replacing just the motor as well last year with no luck. Went to a big elec. motor company and they couldnt help me. I didnt check with an RC type dealer tho.

    I managed to clean mine and get it working fine, for how long is the question. I just kept spraying electrical contact cleaner and easily moving it.

  10. #10
    rlharrison60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orange, Texas
    Posts
    1,091
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineR6 View Post
    I tried replacing just the motor as well last year with no luck. Went to a big elec. motor company and they couldnt help me. I didnt check with an RC type dealer tho.

    I managed to clean mine and get it working fine, for how long is the question. I just kept spraying electrical contact cleaner and easily moving it.
    If you dont get it to work, let me know, I have a couple of trim motors laying around, just dont know if they work, will have to check them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Where to buy trim parts.
    By RedlineR6 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 09:23 AM
  2. Loose hose ?
    By hedghog in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 08:15 PM
  3. Trim Motor Repair
    By beerdart in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 02:06 PM
  4. trim motor #2...dead!
    By Wolf Child in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-25-2006, 11:01 AM
  5. RXT 2005 Loose Hose - HELP PLEASE
    By BrAinZ in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •