Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Tx
    Posts
    105

    Top Hp Race Between Manufatory's!

    Where do you think this hp race will end up? Every couple of years the hp on these skis keep going up, at what point do you think it will end, 300 hp...320 hp...? Not to long ago 150 hp would get you to 70 mph, now 255. What are your thoughts?


  2. #2
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    hydrospace is already over 300 on two of their boats.

    they will continue to make it as long as people are willing to pay.

    look at the evolution of the HP in cars.

    for enough money you can buy a 1001 HP street legal car that does 250+ mph

  3. #3
    italianstallion314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    barnegat bay
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    hydrospace is already over 300 on two of their boats.

    they will continue to make it as long as people are willing to pay.

    look at the evolution of the HP in cars.

    for enough money you can buy a 1001 HP street legal car that does 250+ mph
    Yes this is true, but the "gentlemens agreement" with the coastguard is coming into play. Yes manufacturers can make over 300 HP boats, but it is going to get to a point where they won't be able to legalize it. I don't think the money aspect is going to be as big as the aspect of getting legalized.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Tx
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by italianstallion314 View Post
    Yes this is true, but the "gentlemens agreement" with the coastguard is coming into play. Yes manufacturers can make over 300 HP boats, but it is going to get to a point where they won't be able to legalize it. I don't think the money aspect is going to be as big as the aspect of getting legalized.
    That was the intent of this thread, between Honda,Yami,Kawi, and Doo, where will this hp race end and still keep the speed under 70 mph?

  5. #5
    italianstallion314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    barnegat bay
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by williet View Post
    That was the intent of this thread, between Honda,Yami,Kawi, and Doo, where will this hp race end and still keep the speed under 70 mph?
    I am not sure what actual HP they are going to get up to, but it's going to be similar to the way seadoo did it. They bumped 215 to 255 (extra 40 horse) and what they did was made it a badass accelerating machine, but there is not much difference in top speed between a reg. RXP 215. So What I predict will happen is hp numbers might get closer to high 200s, but acceleration will just keep getting better.

  6. #6

    Smile

    ^^^. Didn't they add something under the hull, bow, etc. to cause more drag and slow down to ski to stay within regulations?

  7. #7
    I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alexandria Bay, NY
    Posts
    526
    They didn't add something to drag persay. The grate is extremely radical for the hook up and acceleration. This does cause some drag though.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-03-2015, 10:46 AM
  2. Jettribe & Black Star Motorsports: Sneak Peak at New Top Secret Race Suit
    By Jettribe Racing in forum High Performance Watercraft Safety
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 03:06 AM
  3. Top Secret Racing needs help
    By Blue Thunder in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 06:53 PM
  4. race between 07 vs. 08
    By sportman in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 06:48 AM
  5. my Top Fuel Race bike
    By NitroShark in forum Other Toys
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-25-2006, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •