Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Worst summer of my life

I have not been on this forum for a couple of weeks and I am just getting over what has been horrible for me. Here is the shortened story....I have been installing the STAGE II on my one ski. Got it to the water on May 28 and let it warm up for 10 minutes so that I could check the anti freeze and oil level. I was coming back to shore and decided to give it a little gas. Well the engine seized. I believe that when I took out the stock intercooler, that I never got the o ring that is all the way to the rear. Needless to say I damaged the #1 cylinder. Don't know the extent of the damge. 1 ski down. So the girlfriend and I get on my other RXP and cruise for the day. So in our final little run up to the head of the river...I don't see a stump in the water and we get thrown. We were going about 55-60. I am okay but she is laying in the water. I get to her and she is not to good. I get her to the side of the river and she is having a hard time breathing. Call 911 and the ambulance gets there and they medivac her to Atlantic City, NJ. She spent the next 5 days in ICU. 3 fractured ribs, compression fracture of T-12. Lacerarted liver. Bruised lung.

You could not believe the pain and anguish that I am going through. She is out of the hospital and walking. but the recovery will be months. She is in a clam shell cast. I walked away with a couple of black and blues. Talk about a bad start of a summer. The hull on hte second ski may be in repairable. There is still some tree in where the front mount would be. It looks like when the stump made it to the stringer that is when the ski really wanted to stop. It has been 12 days later and I still have bad dreams.

This may be the end to my riding forever. I have been doing this since 94 and have had many machines. I have gone through all the blown motors and being stranded for hours. I don't know how much more I could take. Hopefully in time I will get back on a ski.

I have been reading all the post this week and listening to everyone on what is going on. I MISS IT......I am excited for Jerry on his ski and then feel his anguish when his head had a crack. Well I know that I have been all over the place with this post. But just figured I would share. Thanks for listening.

Peter

please move to general

I forgot I was in the performance section...sorry

Peter

Sorry to hear about that Bro...hope Your G/F gets better! as well as your skiis...

+1
    Peter,
    Hope your girlfreind has a speedy recovery! I had a similar thing happen to me about seven years ago, a freind of mine had a GSX ltd that was taking water on so I was taking his girlfreind back and we running wide open on a GTX and hit a submerged log floating end up! It cracked the hull and knocked her off but there were no serious injuries. Keep your chin up and remember that things can always be worse.

+1
    Peter,
    Best wishes for both you and your girlfriend.
    Accidents happen, do not blame yourself.

+1
    Peter, That is horrible! Best for your girlfriend.... Damn. I know if it was me... I'd wish it was me hurt. But, so is life and hopefully you'll not let it scar you and her too bad. Remember, you've got to learn from what's happened to you and go On...And try to not duplicate the same mistakes. Best to you and yours! Jawz

+1
    Wow. .....I hope the rest of your summer has a more positive note...chin up, friend.

+1
    Wow , that is so horrible to have something like that happen to you and your girl friend ! I wish a speedy recovery toward your girl friend ! Take care the both of you !

+1
    dude, sorry to hear and wish for a speedy recovery..

Peter,
    Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. We'll pray for a speedy recovery for both you and your girlfriend.
    Please don't kick yourself too hard as accidents will happen. People mend physically and mentally, and so will both of you.
    Just remember we're all in this together.

Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information