Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1

    Read this. Did a test on the rising rate regulator today

    Tested the rrfpr today. Attached is some good information.

    Mark
    Attached Files Attached Files


  2. #2
    HORSEPOWER JUNKIE 9secZO6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Belle Chasse, La.
    Posts
    2,006
    +1
    1
    Good, anal-type test just the way we like it! REAL good info on the importance of dedicated port for the-regulator. Wonder how many people just "t" off and are having issues?

  3. #3
    is thinking. grantuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    745
    +1
    19
    Do you think having 2 x 1/8NPT taps in the block-off close together will affect the rrfpr?

    I have 2 taps quite close to each other in the block-off, 1 for rrfpr and another for boost gauge, they are about 10mm apart.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by grantuk View Post
    Do you think having 2 x 1/8NPT taps in the block-off close together will affect the rrfpr?

    I have 2 taps quite close to each other in the block-off, 1 for rrfpr and another for boost gauge, they are about 10mm apart.
    You should be fine. There is plenty of air volume available at the 3" blockoff.
    Mark

  5. #5
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
    Tested the rrfpr today. Attached is some good information.

    Mark
    Very intersting results Mark

    Keep in mind that we won't see that amount of fuel pressure when the engine is running.

  6. #6
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by grantuk View Post
    Do you think having 2 x 1/8NPT taps in the block-off close together will affect the rrfpr?
    Not at all, this is perfectly fine.

  7. #7
    Fast & Loud meeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Grove, PA
    Posts
    5,019
    +1
    54
    what is the 16 on that one guage for? and what is the other reading, fuel pressure?

  8. #8
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Okay, so drilling into the intake manifold barb and attaching the vacum line there is not accurate enough?

  9. #9
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Okay, so drilling into the intake manifold barb and attaching the vacum line there is not accurate enough?
    he originally had his on the barb with a tee feeding both his RRFPR and boost gauge sensor. Just not enough volume flowing to actuate the diaphram in the RRFPR.

  10. #10
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    he originally had his on the barb with a tee feeding both his RRFPR and boost gauge sensor. Just not enough volume flowing to actuate the diaphram in the RRFPR.
    Okay, so if it is a single connection withhout a tee we should be okay?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What fuel pressure do I run on the rise/rate?
    By rxp747 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 09:35 PM
  2. Use extra caution this 4th of July on the water!
    By 2fast4u in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 09:25 PM
  3. shipping rates on the rise 2010
    By WATER WOODY in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 08:42 PM
  4. ...:did some work on the ski today:...
    By my00b16si in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 01:06 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 09:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •