Override or removal of the security and learning mode?

I have an '06 FX Cruiser HO and I'm wanting to get rid if the L-Mode and security. That transmitter has been lost so many times (mainly by friends borrowing the ski) and I never use either feature. My '07 FX HO doesn't have the L Mode and I'm totally happy not having it. Would this require a new ECM from Yammi? Pull a fuse? I'm not looking for a band-aid like take the transmitter and bury it. I want to remove it totally from my ski. Any pointers?

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight Lug View Post
    I have an '06 FX Cruiser HO and I'm wanting to get rid if the L-Mode and security. That transmitter has been lost so many times (mainly by friends borrowing the ski) and I never use either feature. My '07 FX HO doesn't have the L Mode and I'm totally happy not having it. Would this require a new ECM from Yammi? Pull a fuse? I'm not looking for a band-aid like take the transmitter and bury it. I want to remove it totally from my ski. Any pointers?
    Leave the ski in normal mode and leave the transmitter at home in a safe place. Even if the transmitter is lost, your ski is going to function normally. You'll just be losing the low-RPM/security capability of the ski which is not an issue for u.
    I have the SHO....and I keep the transmitter on a ski-specific keychain with flotation that is kept in the water-proof compartment of the ski while i ride or clipped to my belt when i leave the ski. I'm in FT.lauderdale and miami, love docking at restaurants and having the peace of mind to kill engine so no one can screw around with the ski.
    Just dont put the ski in learner or security mode and then lose transmitter.....then ur scr-wed......

I'm very familiar with the feeling of being screwed.. lol..

Thread Information