Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Intercooler Piping 2.5 or 3 Inch???

I was curious what size piping I should be using for my XS intercooler??? What size does the riva come with?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    IMO, it depends.....what other mods will you be running? i know some having huge success with 3" while others swear by 2.5" ....

riva uses 2.5" plastic tubing

shibby do you know the actual dimension of the supercharger itself???

+1
    the SC outlet is just a hair UNDER 2.5" i believe last time i measured (inside diameter)... here's the other thing, you can make the pipes as big as you want, the throttle body is only so big. It's actually the smallest opening on the entire intake side of the 4tecs i believe...

it's probably all a trade-off ..... bigger pipes is more volume and more space for the SC to fill with compressed air, POTENTIALLY some kind of holeshot lag. however, larger pipes can handle about the same CFMs, but at a slower velocity which will probably increasing the efficiency of the IC since the air moves slower and cools better. (all speculation on my part applying common principals) ... for example i work with pool heaters on a day to day basis.... gas heaters, hear pumps, propane, u name it...... everything usually goes about 1.5" PVC to keep the pump primed and pushing in harhd velocity for the jets and spas and waterfalls and enough velocity to make it up and down diferent elevations on personal property... however, if there's a heater involved with the pool at the residence, we maintain a small pipe in the filter and pump side of things, but everything just before and after the heater for a decent amount of linerar footage is all larger diameter PVC to slow down the pace of water to increase the heating efficiency. Why would it be any different for the opposite, cooling?

what did you run on yours ?

forgot to mention under my bed right now I have the riva power filter, exhaust, grate, impeller, xs intercooler, thermostat. Once Riva releases there ne wstuff im going to jump on the housing, impeller, injectors and ecu. It seems to me though that even on the stage 3 riva is still using the 2.5 piping.

+1
    Damn shibby,,,,,,,,valet,,,,Seadoo dealer,,,student,,,work on your watercraft,,,,,,,and a pool builder! Son of a beech! 3 in (tops) and 2.5 out

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS
    Damn shibby,,,,,,,,valet,,,,Seadoo dealer,,,student,,,work on your watercraft,,,,,,,and a pool builder! Son of a beech! 3 in (tops) and 2.5 out
    yea tell me about it... until this week i had no time to wipe my own ass. I took the week off, just gonna work a little bit this afternoon and tomorrow all day. Gonna take next week off probably to staty building my ski back up together.

+1
    Don`t burn out,,,,unless you have a damn good stash.

I am using 2.5 from the SC to IC and 3 from IC to TB. 3 inch from IC to TB because I'm using a cobra bend and 4"x3" aluminum tube that connects to a 3x2.5 reducer bend.

I had 3 from SC to IC and I liked the 2.5 better.

So far 2.5 mph from my setup , still need to tweak the impeller a little for about 50-100rpm.
    then thermostat,thru hull,SC mod install

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information