Thread: Question

Question

Hey guys, I understand I have a "yamaha" vx110, but I ask for help and I get no responses in 2 days, so I'm wondering if the seadoo side can help. I'm in the process of finishing up my mods for my ski, but I'm wondering if you guys can tell me a little bit about the splash guard. I can obviously see the basic concept of it but I need the pros and cons. Thanks!

+1
    had one on my RXX... hit some chop and its gone! when it stayed on it did help a little in light chop with the spray in your face, however, rougher water will rip it right off

+1
    I have a 05 RXP stgIII. For me, of all the mods I've done the splash guard was one of the most difficult. I used screws with fender washers and nuts rather than rivets. Not much room to get your fingers up behind there to get the washers and nuts started. However, if it ever gets torn off I'll replace it. I like it that much. Your Yamaha may not be as wet of a ride as the Sea Doo, so I don't know if your results will be as dramatic.

OBJ

Quote Originally Posted by outboard john View Post
    I have a 05 RXP stgIII. For me, of all the mods I've done the splash guard was one of the most difficult. I used screws with fender washers and nuts rather than rivets. Not much room to get your fingers up behind there to get the washers and nuts started. However, if it ever gets torn off I'll replace it. I like it that much. Your Yamaha may not be as wet of a ride as the Sea Doo, so I don't know if your results will be as dramatic.

OBJ
    Well, my hull isn't really meant for extreme chop, although that's all I ride in here in Barnegat bay. There's never anything less than a 1.5 foot chop unless your out 7 am. On average I'm in a 2-3 foot chop, and it's almost at the point where I have to wipe my face every 10 seconds. I don't wear goggles or anything, so maybe this will help.

Thread Information