Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    This is going to hurt!! DANGER1049's Avatar

seadoo 3d anygood???

A good friend of mine just picked up a 06 for $4,000. out the door. Is that a good price it comes with the motocross seat and a 1 year warrantty. Are they fun to ride. Any info would help. We went to our local dealer and they had theres marked down a thousand and they still wanted a $8,900. But it was a 07 with a two year warranty. They looked looked like fun to ride.

+1

Cool

there fair,not much power turns poor would be good for beginer not as much fun as your blaster
    one I rode had to rap my leg around seat pole and do a body drag to turn fair .by now dave a impros must have pitch to help and maybe PPg has some stuff(would not go wild with it)

later cd

+1
    The 3-D uses the same hull as the last generation XPL which was one of the all time great handling sit down hulls. It's not intended to handle like a true standup, and it doesn't require the same level of skill to ride. The '07 was available with the 951 engine which provided higher performance than the 800 but possibly at a reduced level of dependability. I think the ski was discontinued because of standup guys who gave the 3-D a bad rap from day one. Once a product gets a reputation as being "gay" it can be doomed to failure.

If you can get one at a bargain price, I would highly recommend it.

Richard

+1
    yes, it is the XPL hull, great hull design, never riden a 3-D, look like they'd be a blast in the ocean!

The 05 was underpowered as it only had the 800. The 06-07 came with the 951 DI, so they have enough power.

We took it out yesterday, one guy stood right up on it very stable. It is not a superjet . Easier to ride than a blaster, For the money he paid he got a good deal for a brand new ski. Should be a blast this weekend. Seems to turn ok. I will update you after we hit some waves with it later

+1
    take some pictures! that thing should launch! bet its a great ski for the surf

Rode one for the first time in the weekend. Not sure what year but it had the 961 engine. The guy who let me have a ride had it set up in "cart mode" with the sit down low seat. What a blast! they had a bouy course set up and it was just like driving a track go kart. Speed sensation enhanced by sitting down low, just point and shoot, had non stock sponsons of some kind and turned on a dime, accelerated fast on a short course. Not a huge top speed though.

Suspect the stand up mode is somewhat compromised, but it sure was fun sitting down. I know the "real" stand up guys don't rate them, but if you could get one cheap enough it's a fun toy!

the kart seat is a real blast , great fun i thought the build quality was poor ,bits of trim breaking of and i broke the pump trim wave jumping ,if its cheap go for it if not consider an xpl

We took it out to the river the past weekend, We had the motocross seat on it , it was fun. Handles good still quick for the 780 motor was very nice, IT pulls good I think it was a great all around ski. We will take it to ocean next weekend, the guy who owns it wishes it was a little smaller. It is kinda of heavy. For the price I don't think he could of beat it. I will update you with a ocean report here soon. Later

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information