Thread: Jetworks archive
04-22-2008, 01:38 PM #1
Anybody remember this thread?
Hard to believe it was almost five years ago! I am trying to remember what we had back then - someone correct me or add to this:
- unmodded rideplates
- unmodded 1200 grates
- no porting, no big bores
- stepped sponsons were pretty new
- no dropped tabs
- 13/19 props were the thing. Not even sure if the NuJet prop was on the scene yet
- freeflow and SS removal were the bomb
- no triple cooling
- no dumping extra cooling water out of the heads
- no sanding of the hull
- no PET tachs - only crappy TT's
- polishing the inside of the pump with a dremel for 5 days was fun
- t-handles were cool, but not sure how to tune yet
- putting in a d-plate took all day
- running 150 psi without girdle bolts would blow your engine apart
- no aftermarket reeds
- no Lowel, TJ, or Kerry. Group K was the only ticket.
- the best triple pipe skis (i.e. Fercho) were closing in on 75 mph, which was insane
- the best single pipe skis were pushing 68 or 69 mph
- I bet Fercho one million dollars that a single pipe ski would never hit 75 mph
- you just had to have a jet trim seat cover
Last edited by fullboogie; 04-22-2008 at 02:18 PM.
04-22-2008, 02:27 PM #2
04-23-2008, 09:04 AM #3
No wonder we never hear from Fercho... He's a millionaire!
We did have cutting air holes back then.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By CrazyA in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 20Last Post: 01-05-2006, 09:34 PM
By BULLRAIDER in forum Yamaha Old School SkisReplies: 3Last Post: 12-19-2005, 06:56 AM
By shooter98xpl in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 6Last Post: 12-04-2005, 07:27 PM
By TJBrad04 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 0Last Post: 12-02-2005, 01:16 PM
By 01xdime in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 5Last Post: 10-20-2005, 04:08 PM