Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2004 Seadoo Sportster 4-Tech 155

I recently purchased a SeaDoo Sportster 4-Tech 155. I was woundering if there is aything I should have the dealer look at that has been a problem with this year and make? I took it for a quick ride on Lake MI last Sunday and it seemed to be sluggish out of the hole. It revs quickly and somewhay cavitates directly out of the hole. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gdupey View Post
    I recently purchased a SeaDoo Sportster 4-Tech 155. I was woundering if there is aything I should have the dealer look at that has been a problem with this year and make? I took it for a quick ride on Lake MI last Sunday and it seemed to be sluggish out of the hole. It revs quickly and somewhay cavitates directly out of the hole. Any help would be great.
    To me, it sounds like a worn wear ring, a dinged impeller or a combination of both. For around $50, you can change the wear ring with just some ordinary tools like metric wrenches, sockets & extensions. To change the impeller you'll need a vise, breaker bar and special impeller tool. My guess is that a dealer will get $250-$300 for doing just the wear ring.... Ron

Thnaks for the reply. I have it scheduled to go back to the dealer next week to have the impeller checked out while it is still under warrantee.

Quote Originally Posted by gdupey View Post
    Thnaks for the reply. I have it scheduled to go back to the dealer next week to have the impeller checked out while it is still under warrantee.
    Keep in mind that wear items, like spark plugs, wear ring and impeller aren't covered under the BRP warranty. If your dealer gave you a different warranty, then maybe it's covered... Ron

Can I ask what the results were? I just bought an '04 Sportster 4 tec and it cavitates out of the hole and tops out at 40MPH. Doesn't seem right to me but I don't have any reference point!

Get the wear ring checked out and replaced. Be sure to have them verify that the impeller is in good shape. I had mine looked at and replaced. With a full tank of gas and myself it toped out at 51 mph by GPS however it was rough out in the bay.

Let me know what your results are. I'm curios how each machine compares.

Thanks for the info. I should get the boat ack for this weekend so I will know. They said the wear ring and impeller needed to be replaced. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

So far I am very satisfied with mine. The engine seems to have ample power and 50 mph is plenty fast. Out of the hole could be a little better but it is still quick to plane. Be sure to get back with me on how yours performs.

New impeller and wear ring saw about 48 MPH with a full tank of gas. Out of the hole is now the way it should be so I think your 50 MPH should be realistic for me once a bit of gas gets used. Thanks for the info!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information