+1

Where to buy Exhaust Hose for FX140?

I'm going to do a free flow exhaust but i want to know where i can buy the exhaust hose. i was wondering if they sell that hose in home depot and if all types of hose will work since the exhaust water is hot the hose may melt please any advide thank you in advance...

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cuban133054 View Post
    I'm going to do a free flow exhaust but i want to know where i can buy the exhaust hose. i was wondering if they sell that hose in home depot and if all types of hose will work since the exhaust water is hot the hose may melt please any advide thank you in advance...
    Hi there,

I did my own free flow exhaust set up.on my fx160 ( for memoey same exh system)
    I purchased a 90 degree bend from Autbarn ( autoparts store)
    for memory it was iether3 7/8'' or 4 '' that they sold for larger inlet air filters.

I removed the plastic box in the system.

I then removed the flexible hose that goes to the exit in the hull.
    undo the 10mm nuts to remove and remove from boat these are on the out side in the tunnel behind rubber skirt( taking notice of orignal positioning)
    I then rotated it towards to front of the boat making the angle from the water box thru the 90 deg bend and on to the existing hose that has now been moved around 2 holes for memory .
    it used to sit on the pump tunnel now it sit at 12 oclock above the pumps shaft.

Idid also use some 4'' silicon hose to join the water box to the 90 degree bend that bypasses the plastic chamber.

all in all cost me approx $45.
    and about 1.5 hrs

will get some pics on weekend to show you

hope it makes some sense.

Warren.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    Hi there,

I did my own free flow exhaust set up.on my fx160 ( for memoey same exh system)
    I purchased a 90 degree bend from Autbarn ( autoparts store)
    for memory it was iether3 7/8'' or 4 '' that they sold for larger inlet air filters.

I removed the plastic box in the system.

I then removed the flexible hose that goes to the exit in the hull.
    undo the 10mm nuts to remove and remove from boat these are on the out side in the tunnel behind rubber skirt( taking notice of orignal positioning)
    I then rotated it towards to front of the boat making the angle from the water box thru the 90 deg bend and on to the existing hose that has now been moved around 2 holes for memory .
    it used to sit on the pump tunnel now it sit at 12 oclock above the pumps shaft.

Idid also use some 4'' silicon hose to join the water box to the 90 degree bend that bypasses the plastic chamber.

all in all cost me approx $45.
    and about 1.5 hrs

will get some pics on weekend to show you

hope it makes some sense.

Warren.
    Thank you for the answer it will be great if you can take pictures. Is it loud and did the free flow exhaust improve the speed or anything ???

I had kinda the same idea except i wasn't going to go freeflowing. I had wanted to fab up a stainless steel exhaust with a Yoshimura pipe then somewhere downpipe fit a water baffel. it has been on my to do list for a while now. I hope it will sound something like an indy car or a really evil sounding street bike. When you get yours installed let me know what it sounds like also . -Thanks

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cuban133054 View Post
    Thank you for the answer it will be great if you can take pictures. Is it loud and did the free flow exhaust improve the speed or anything ???
    it did make it a little bit louder , by no meane annoying , you can still ride anywere and no one will ever complain , mainly sounds abit deeper , guess 20% louder , considering you cant hear them STD , sound like something now.

on the performance side ,it does make some difference I wont go as far as to say it will pull your arms off, but to get best results from any exhaust mod, do the rev kit from riva ( stacks/filter)
    that way u get maximum result.

Waz

alltogether tes you will feel some improve ment

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    it did make it a little bit louder , by no meane annoying , you can still ride anywere and no one will ever complain , mainly sounds abit deeper , guess 20% louder , considering you cant hear them STD , sound like something now.

on the performance side ,it does make some difference I wont go as far as to say it will pull your arms off, but to get best results from any exhaust mod, do the rev kit from riva ( stacks/filter)
    that way u get maximum result.

Waz

alltogether tes you will feel some improve ment
    Nice I allready installed the stacks/filter, intake grate, impeller, and pump seal kit. When you get a chance please take some pictures of the Exhaust how you did it so i can have an idea thank you for the fast answer..

Thread Information