gibson exhuast question

i have the riva thru hull if im ordering the gibson can i still use it and also should i still order the shorty water box will it work with the gibson?

+1
    All three of the items you are questioning have a common function. And that function is bridging the gap between the exhaust and the outlet at the back of the hull. Which one you choose is up to you. The thru-hull is the basic version to free up some room. The shorty is louder and has a different tone. People also claim gaining about 100 RPMs. The Gibson is almost as quiet as the thru-hull I believe and initial claims are looking like a possible 200+ RPMs over the stock waterbox.

The Gibson gets rid of the waterbox completely, so you would do either one not both.

so dollar for dollar since i have stock water box and thru hull i should go for gibson huh would be a better deal money wise?

Depends on what your trying to accomplish. Im running the GH box for two reasons, one being I got rid of the plastic RIVA thru hull that melts causing your ski to sink. And second, it makes it easier to work on the ski with less stuff in there. (I love the sound it produces but can get a little annoying through no wake zones) If I didnt have so many wake zones, i wouldnt mind at all.

I'm going to try the gibson because the sound is reduced as is claiming to give an extra 200 rpm.

but like Fizz said, all three things you mentioned, do the same thing. you could only run one of them at a time.

Unless you can get all three to fit in there and figure how to connect them...

well im running the aluminum thru hull i just want a complete package not sure what all to run?

If you dont plan on working on the ski all the time, then your ok with the metal thru hull. You dont need anything else.

so do you think i would see any difference in the gibson with thru hull or would it make my ski unreliable?

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by soldierpage View Post
    so do you think i would see any difference in the gibson with thru hull or would it make my ski unreliable?
    Unreliable, no way! Not any moreso than any other exhaust setup.

Doo'n it on the Lake ... GTXDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MIARider View Post
    If you dont plan on working on the ski all the time, then your ok with the metal thru hull. You dont need anything else.
    ... am looking at exhaust options for my '03 GTX SC - just curious - what do you mean when you say "If you dont plan on working on the ski all the time, then your ok with the metal thru hull." ?

The thru-hull is just a straight run to the rear of the ski - correct? - so it frees up more room in the back than the gibson or WB - but is probably the loudest of the three too - correct? and you have to cut a new exhaust thru-hull exit on the other side of the ski?

... or do you mean the free flow(?) mod) which use the OEM thru-hull exhaust exit and the conversion pipe sweeps over the top of everything in the back and blocks you from working on things back there w/o removing it?

... sorry - just trying to learn/decipher all this stuff before I decide too - aaaahhhhh - so much to learn and so little time!

Thanks!
    Last edited by GTXDawg; 04-23-2008 at 08:26 PM.

Thread Information