+1

Angry World might be heading towards Ice Age

So much for that global warming tax in BC!!!!

---------------

Economic Times
    Wednesday, April 23, 2008
    CANBERRA: Scientists have warned that the world might once again be heading towards an Ice Age, with global warming approaching a possible end.
    Evidence in support of this theory has come from pictures obtained from the US Solar and Heliospheric Observatory, which showed no spots on the sun, thus determining that sunspot activity has not resumed after hitting an 11-year low in March last year.
    A sunspot is a region on the sun that is cooler than the rest and appears dark.
    Some scientists believe a strong solar magnetic field, when there is plenty of sunspot activity, protects the earth from cosmic rays, cutting cloud formation, but that when the field is weak - during low sunspot activity - the rays can penetrate into the lower atmosphere and cloud cover increases, cooling the surface.

According to Australian astronaut and geophysicist Phil Chapman, this might have caused the world to cool quickly between January last year and January this year, by about 0.7C.
    "This is the fastest temperature change in the instrumental record, and it puts us back to where we were in 1930," said Dr Chapman.
    "If the temperature does not soon recover, we will have to conclude that global warming is over," he added.
    Dr Chapman has proposed preventive, or delaying, moves to slow the cooling, such as bulldozing Siberian and Canadian snow to make it dirty and less reflective.
    "My guess is that the odds are now at least 50:50 that we will see significant cooling rather than warming in coming decades," he said.

-------------------

So until they get the facts straight, BC's new 'Carbon Tax' to arrive in June
    in my opinion is a fraud.

+1
    Real scientists have been saying this for quite some time. The alarmists such as Al Gore and David Suzuki don't like this because thier companies don't do so well when they are not selling carbon credits.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SideFX View Post
    According to Australian astronaut and geophysicist Phil Chapman, this might have caused the world to cool quickly between January last year and January this year, by about 0.7C.
    wait wait your telling me that Australia has a space program and astronauts

i said this in another thread a long time ago and ever one pretty much blew it off

Too bad this stuff doesn't get aired by the media more often. This information is out numbered 3 to 1 against "global warming" At this rate some of us youngins might live to be very old and to be in great shape. If this all comes true then looks like I might need to start a snowmobiling hobby.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Not my fault I my carbon foot print is as large as I can afford it to be.

+1
    Oh no!!!! You mean Al Gore doesn't have a clue what he is talking about? But he invented the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    Too bad this stuff doesn't get aired by the media more often.
    Be a nerd or bored out of your mind like me and watch the History Channel or Discovery Channel and they do. Seriously. I love some of the programs on there, beats CNN, FOX, MSNBC and all their BS.

If this all comes true then looks like I might need to start a snowmobiling hobby.
    My sled pictured below.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 03-26-2010 at 11:32 AM.

+1
    You mean Rupert Murdoch's broadcasting and mind control T.V. LoL
    I get my news from the net until they taint that too.
    Too bad this stuff doesn't get aired by the media more often. This information is out numbered 3 to 1 against "global warming" At this rate some of us youngins might live to be very old and to be in great shape. If this all comes true then looks like I might need to start a snowmobiling hobby.

If this all comes true then looks like I might need to start a snowmobiling hobby.
    Was thinking the same thing, good thing i took up sking a couple years ago.

Thread Information