Question Virage MFD malfuntion from a newbie

I have a 2002 polaris Virage that I was getting ready for the summe it had 89.6 hours on it. I bought it last year with 68.3 hours on it. I hooked the battery charger to it without taking the battery out (Yes I already know that was stupid). Anyway the problem is I now have 553.5 hours on the MFD. Anyway to fix that? My dealer told me tough luck guess you learned a lesson. I don't know if there is a way to reset it or what, but we are trying to sell it this year to get a boat instead our family has grown and the 3 seater makes it hard to go out on the lake.

Cedar Rapids,Iowa
    Some people's have somehow reset to 0 hrs,but I don't hink it can just be done,Sorta like a accident that happen to yours. I don't think I would worry about it for the sale. Anybody that knows anything about skis would know 500+ hours are not going to be put on a 2002 ski,unless maybe it'a a rental, and then the ski would be worn out and dead.

that happens after you hook up the battery with a charger and you sent a voltage spike to the mfd. i have seen it happen to people as they were installing the battery as is common and after a little bit of run time it will go back to 0 as stated. it just happens!

thanks for the help guy's. I hope it resets it would be easier to explain that. Either way it is a great little ride that will make someone very happy this summer, we sure enjoyed it last year. Just need something big enough for four now. LOL

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    near Toronto, Canada
    You might try the MFI reset method, outlined here.

Thread Information