Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Ride Hard! aha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covina, Ca
    Posts
    2,009
    +1
    11

    Seadoo OEM Depth Finder

    Hey guys, does anyone know if the OEM Seadoo Depth Finder will work on the 2007 RXP?

    I know its kinda pricey but I like the fact that it works off my built in gauge pod so it will be 1 less guage sitting outside that pod.

    Thanks!


  2. #2
    2008 RXP-X
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    125
    Try the search function, it works great!

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/sear...earchid=832210

  3. #3
    Ride Hard! aha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covina, Ca
    Posts
    2,009
    +1
    11
    I have used the search, it was not any help. Suffice to say I got the answer to my question directly from BRP in Canada. And no the RXP will not support the OEM Depth finder. It is only supported on the RXT and GTX models.

  4. #4
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    I have used the search, it was not any help. Suffice to say I got the answer to my question directly from BRP in Canada. And no the RXP will not support the OEM Depth finder. It is only supported on the RXT and GTX models.
    That's a surprise to me. I guess it never came up before. I just assumed the option was available on all the seadoos. Maybe there is just not enough room in an RXP to mount the puck ???

  5. #5
    Ride Hard! aha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covina, Ca
    Posts
    2,009
    +1
    11
    It has nothing to do with the Puck. Seadoo told me the guage cluster will not support it. While yes the 07 RXP and RXT/GTX share the same guage cluster the RXP guage cluster is not wired for the depth finder. This means you cant just install the puck, wire it into the mpem and then use BUDS to enable the option in the MPEM.

    Its lame and seadoo should make it so RXP's have depth guages or they can be installed as an option.

  6. #6
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    It has nothing to do with the Puck. Seadoo told me the guage cluster will not support it. While yes the 07 RXP and RXT/GTX share the same guage cluster the RXP guage cluster is not wired for the depth finder. This means you cant just install the puck, wire it into the mpem and then use BUDS to enable the option in the MPEM.

    Its lame and seadoo should make it so RXP's have depth guages or they can be installed as an option.
    Okay! Bummer!

  7. #7
    Ride Hard! aha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covina, Ca
    Posts
    2,009
    +1
    11
    Yeah I know, guess I will be using the Hawkeye depth finder.

  8. #8
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    Yeah I know, guess I will be using the Hawkeye depth finder.
    Did you see how I did my hawkeye?
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48580

    I'm very pleased and it works fine. The little triangle thingy could be made out of most anything hard, even aluminum, etc., but it is necessary to get it mounted vertically and to mount with 30 min epoxy instead of silicone. I put an on/off switch in my glove box. Norcross Marine in Orlando has great customer service if you need it. Talk to Patrick.

  9. #9
    driveumhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cape Copral, FL
    Posts
    1,475
    +1
    4

    debth

    Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    Hey guys, does anyone know if the OEM Seadoo Depth Finder will work on the 2007 RXP?

    I know its kinda pricey but I like the fact that it works off my built in gauge pod so it will be 1 less guage sitting outside that pod.

    Thanks!
    I had the dealer install the factory debth gauge with puck in my 07 RXT

  10. #10
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by driveumhard View Post
    I had the dealer install the factory debth gauge with puck in my 07 RXT
    Yep, but he is installing in an RXP. Different electricts!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Trying to find OEM Depth Finder
    By daddyjn in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 11-29-2016, 08:48 AM
  2. WTB - Parts Seadoo OEM Depth Finder
    By thompsdw in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-2013, 03:55 PM
  3. Sea Doo OEM depth finder question.
    By NoKenDo in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 11:31 AM
  4. 2010 RXTX OEM depth finder question
    By Scott in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 09:48 AM
  5. OEM Depth Finder
    By Foggy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 10:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •