Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Sea Doo made a supercharger rebuild kit for 185 HP GTX and it has metal washers

And i have been saying all along that they wouldn't make one for us

I love it when they prove me wrong.

I have a couple of kits on order to keep in stock. This kit will superceed the old kit which used to contain ceramic washers.

I already have it in my online store
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=340

+1
    185's in the house!

It reads that it is "...the new 08 spec kit"...I thought the 185hp's were discontinued for 2008 or does it mean the kit was made in 2008?

Also, for some of us 185 owners that are considerring a 215 ecu upgrade, Greenwheel & maybe piston swap, do we need this kit or the 215 08 kit? --Jeremy
    Last edited by jpeconsult; 04-23-2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: clicked the durn button too quickly

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    185's in the house!

It reads that it is "...the new 08 spec kit"...I thought the 185hp's were discontinued for 2008 or does it mean the kit was made in 2008?
    I am going to remove that from the description so as not to confuse you. I simply meant it is the 08 style clutch assembly with metal washers yet it comes with a 17 tooth gear for the 185 HP engines.

Also, for some of us 185 owners that are considerring a 215 ecu upgrade, Greenwheel & maybe piston swap, do we need this kit or the 215 08 kit? --Jeremy
    You need the GTX 185 kit. It has the 17 tooth gear. 215 and 255 HP units have a 16 tooth gear and it will not work on the 185 HP units.

+1
    Nice!!!!!!!!!

+1
    So as I understand it...a gtx 185 owner wanting to eventually upgrade the pistons, etc still needs the 17 teeth gear before AND after the piston swap, etc.

Man, I have worked the "search" button to death. I think I have read every thread relating to the 185's. I am going to do some more searching, as I probably have looked over some excellent posts, when I first started. Guys, don't give up on me yet. I have learned a lot from the few months I have been here. To do it all over, I would opt for the RXP. In fact find me a close-to-even trade...modded GTX for decent RXP, and it is done.

Thanks Jerry. I didn't mean for you to remove those details from the description...just trying to clarify for me. Everyone else probably knows what you were describing. --Jeremy

+1
    So as I understand it...a gtx 185 owner wanting to eventually upgrade the pistons, etc still needs the 17 teeth gear before AND after the piston swap, etc. I will try a stab at this one, someone correct me if i am wrong. I think you can run the 185 gear (17 teeth) with any kind of mods, but to get full benifit and hp you would want to change to a 16 tooth gear. That requires change of gear on sc and change of gear in engine. Someone correct me if i am wrong.

Man, I have worked the "search" button to death. I think I have read every thread relating to the 185's. I am going to do some more searching, as I probably have looked over some excellent posts, when I first started. Guys, don't give up on me yet. I have learned a lot from the few months I have been here. To do it all over, I would opt for the RXP. In fact find me a close-to-even trade...modded GTX for decent RXP, and it is done.

Thanks Jerry. I didn't mean for you to remove those details from the description...just trying to clarify for me. Everyone else probably knows what you were describing. --Jeremy
    /

185's in the house!

i have the rxp ecu and just did the fordge pistion in my gtx

+1
    So as I understand it...a gtx 185 owner wanting to eventually upgrade the pistons, etc still needs the 17 teeth gear before AND after the piston swap, etc.

Jeremy, if you are going to have your engine apart to put the RXP forged pistons in it then you will want to replace the crank gear with the RXP gear. Then you can run the 16 tooth supercharger gear and make the same amount of boost as the 215's

The larger 17 tooth gear set on the GTX actually underdrives the supercharger spinning it slower = less boost.

good point i did mine last year add the 215 oil spring and fuel pump while ur at it and put the new stretch bolts on the fly wheel
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 04-23-2008 at 06:59 PM.

Doo'n it on the Lake ... GTXDawg's Avatar
    That's great news Jerry - please tell me it was in time for my SC rebuild and saved me the $100 cost of buying washers to put toward the Gibson exhaust or something else I'll need from the store!?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information