Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Basic RXP-X must do's

So i have read alot on here about how you have to do this with the rxp-x and some say that yadda yadda seems to me like theres still some controversy

I just wanted to get some strait facts

A) how are you breaking in your ski's

B) what basic mods are you doing (whats messed up from the factory)

c) what numbers are you seeing

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BluntForceDrama View Post
    So i have read alot on here about how you have to do this with the rxp-x and some say that yadda yadda seems to me like theres still some controversy

I just wanted to get some strait facts

A) how are you breaking in your ski's
    -First 3 hours constant varying of rpm through all ranges. Quick 5 second WOT runs every 5 to 10 minutes of so. 4-9 hours. Continue to vary rpm, never let it just sit at one cruise speed for any amount of time. Start at 10 second WOT runs and then past 5 hours add hole shot and some longer WOT runs. Again nothing held or constant for too long. This is all opinion, but this seemed to of worked great for me. Strong numbers.
    B) what basic mods are you doing (whats messed up from the factory)
    -T bolt clamps, forgot the sizes I'm sure sombody will pitch in. Filled ride plate holes. I am going to to put in 4 inch intake. I have an RXTX and am going to try to run an 85 mm ring to reduce rpm becuase I am at 8180 with out the intake. It's been said that the RXP X doesn't respond to restricting the nozzle very well, so keep checking on this one. DO NOT CUT THE GRATE WINGS. WAIT FOR RIVA!

c) what numbers are you seeing
    - I have 10 hours on the RXTX and am seeing 70.6 gps consistently with only the ride plate holes filled. I know guys on the PX are getting close to 75 with only basic mods. I would check into this though.

Good luck with everything. Hoped this helped. This is all just opinion though so you'll have to make up your own mind when the time comes to do any modding or how you want to break your machine in.

+1
    When riva releases the grate for the px u will see 74+ w/o touching the prop. wedge, filled holes, and a grate whos wing is NOT curved will result in faster speeds for the money than a 215 rxp. Someone here who may or may not be named Dan will be relieving pump pressure at high speeds to stop the buck over 75 mph. The only other way I see is to close up the intake via the grate, and if we do that....bye bye holeshot

+1
    You will also want to install the Race Engineering OPAS blockoffs.

Night and day difference and reduced porpoising at high speed on flat water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    When riva releases the grate for the px u will see 74+ w/o touching the prop. wedge, filled holes, and a grate whos wing is NOT curved will result in faster speeds for the money than a 215 rxp. Someone here who may or may not be named Dan will be relieving pump pressure at high speeds to stop the buck over 75 mph. The only other way I see is to close up the intake via the grate, and if we do that....bye bye holeshot
    Ok you let the cat out of the bag!!!!! You can't tease me, anymore info? This is a huge relief to know that someone is working on it!!!!

Dan is the Man!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post

The placement of the tunnel eliminates porpoising W/O blockoffs or ANY hull mods, it's got more wetted area.

If you have the grate right there is no buck and so far NO loss of holeshot, so no need for a relief.

I'm with SeaRay on the breakin except at 3 hours let it rip.
    Definitely T-bolt clamps.
    I'm at 8 hrs and still stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post

Fully agree, as this is what I noticed with the regular RXP. RE's will be the first thing (after tightening hose clamps) installed on my ski.

Has anyone broken in their ski's with the training key??

I was wondering if limiting the rpms and speed would help with break in aka what the training key is for.

The reason i ask this question is because the dealer i bought my ski from said if any of the X models are broken in without the training key then your warranty is shot.............. sounds fishy to me

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BluntForceDrama View Post
    Has anyone broken in their ski's with the training key??

I was wondering if limiting the rpms and speed would help with break in aka what the training key is for.

The reason i ask this question is because the dealer i bought my ski from said if any of the X models are broken in without the training key then your warranty is shot.............. sounds fishy to me
    That's complete BS. You don't use the learning key for breaking because you need to utilize all RPM levels during break-in which you cannot do with the learning key.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information