Overstuffing pump with scoop grate

How many RPM could this cost?

+1
    1-2 mph?

Quote Originally Posted by jawz
    1-2 mph?
    Thanks, but RPM numbers would help me more. Anyone have a rough estimate of how many RPM I can lose if my RIVA intake grate is overstuffing the pump

Im only turning 8100 RPM with the mods listed in my signature running a stock prop. Im trying to figure out where Im losing RPM before I throw on a Solas 14/19R. After installing the mods in my signature Im still turing the exact same RPM as I was when the ski was completely stock earlier this year. I can't figure out why I saw absolutely no gain in RPM after installing the RIVA Power Filter. Oil level is good. I've confirmed its not heat soak. And I highly doubt its the SC clutch slipping because I was turing 8100 RPM right before modding, then I added the mods, went right back out and am still turning only 8100 RPM .

I've gained 1mph and 0 RPM from stock with the mods listed in my signature, about 0.5mph from filling in the rideplate holes. I thought I'd be over 70mph by now even with the stock prop .

Why am I not gaining any RPM

+1
    you wont see anymore rpm's that 8150 on a stock ecu no matter what you do, and at 8150 it starts retarding timing to keep your rpm's there, if you want some nice speed improvements i recommend spending the cash on an IC either rotax or riva, you will still have the same numbers but with a repitch you will see almost 3 mph with just one part, with your current setup you might try a different size pump nozzle, your rpm's might drop 50-100 but your speed will come up, most rxp's stock run around 67 only a few actually hit 70 out of the box, so with a stage 1 you are running about right where you should be,

Quote Originally Posted by seadoo02xp
    you wont see anymore rpm's that 8150 on a stock ecu no matter what you do, and at 8150 it starts retarding timing to keep your rpm's there
    So wait...are you saying I could turn more RPM with my setup but the ecu isn't letting me But how would that be if the stock rev limiter is at 8300 RPM and Im only turning 8100 RPM If what you're saying is true, then could I install a Solas 14/19R and my RPM stay above 8000

+1
    stock rev limiter is at 8200, ya when you unhook you can rev past that but loaded you wont o past 8200, 8150 it backs off timing, just the new rr ecu with the remap will probably gain you 2 mph with no other mods, and acceleration will improve a ton, you are running ok for a riva stage 1, its right in the ballpark

8200 is stock? I need more mods.. lol. Well, mods period. Bonestock mine is hitting 7800rpms and showing 70mph on the dreamometer. 'Course, the water temp is showing to be 85* on my ski, and air temp is around 100*.. So conditions aren't exactly good either.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar
    'Course, the water temp is showing to be 85* on my ski, and air temp is around 100*.. So conditions aren't exactly good either.
    Today i was doing 8450 peak rpm's @ WOT all day long with my stage II RXT with the stock class RR ECU in the same water and air temps as yours

In a perfect waterworld you would want to load the pump at take off and then have it reduced at speed and full throttle...so in saying that, yes you can overload the pump. I don't think any of the aftermarket grates would cause this as it would be counterproductive and max performance is always the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by GPR/STX-15F/RXT
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar
    'Course, the water temp is showing to be 85* on my ski, and air temp is around 100*.. So conditions aren't exactly good either.
    Today i was doing 8450 peak rpm's @ WOT all day long with my stage II RXT with the stock class RR ECU in the same water and air temps as yours
    Guess I need mods then :P

Thread Information