Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

oil catch can solution maybe!!

ok, I just bought these catch cans to run on my autox mitsubishi evolution, I think that one of them would be excellent to run on the seadoo. These were custom made by one of the guys on the Evolutionm.net web site. I had him split my cans up so that I can run one on my breather side of my intake, and one on the pcv valve side of my manifold for my car. Anyways he could make us something similar to work in the seadoos. We would only need one can, and some kind of mounting bracket with some hose. These cans are all aluminim, baffled, snorkled, and have a drain! here is a picture of my can, and a link here to his website for more info. Let me know what you guys think and if there is enough interest, I will see what he can put togeather for us!!

http://www.saikoumichi.com/DC3_page.htm

my cans are seperate,we would only need one on the 4tec. And there is baffling in the cans to prevent the oil from being sucked back up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side_899.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	4157  

That`s pretty cool! for the seadoo`s we would need to have 3/4 hose barbs/fittings and it be able to flow thru that size efficiently...PR...

+1
    ya, well he can custom make anything, anysize, etc its nice stuff. The welds and everything are excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by CarFanatic
    ya, well he can custom make anything, anysize, etc its nice stuff. The welds and everything are excellent!
    What kind of green are we talking? I have designed onew myself and was going to make it out of copper, very similar to your friends design, but mine would have the outlet at the top and inlet about 2-3 inches from the bottom with drain and baffle as well.
    If possible could you get us a basic drawing of the inside, so I could see how the baffle is placed. I agree with the closed loop system like this one, keeps the crankase pressures more equalized, rather than just a catch can vented to the atmosphere...PR...

+1
    I"m not sure the price on just the single cans, it would depend on how we decided to have them made. But I dont think it be to expensive, his stuff is very reasonable.

oh ya these are Powder Coated aswell!!!

+1
    for that size can depending on bracket he says about 60 bucks. now I just got my 06 so I"m not real familure withteh lay out yet, once I order my intake I'll have a better idea, so I need more feed back from you guys. He will make anything we want, any size can, any bracket. We jsut need to come up with the size and location and how to mount it in order make the cans!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    What kind of green are we talking? I have designed onew myself and was going to make it out of copper, very similar to your friends design, but mine would have the outlet at the top and inlet about 2-3 inches from the bottom with drain and baffle as well.
    If possible could you get us a basic drawing of the inside, so I could see how the baffle is placed. I agree with the closed loop system like this one, keeps the crankase pressures more equalized, rather than just a catch can vented to the atmosphere...PR...
    If you click on that link it tells you and shows you the design of the can. The baffling is stainless steel material.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    If you click on that link it tells you and shows you the design of the can. The baffling is stainless steel material.
    Thats pretty cool! the one in the pic you posted looks like a single can, not like the double in the link. Would he be able to build one to my specs?...PR...

+1
    ya, he split the double can in two for me, instead of welding them togeather I just had them seperate. so I could mount one closer to each location in the car. He can build anything you want!

ya, he split the double can in two for me, instead of welding them togeather I just had them seperate. so I could mount one closer to each location in the car. He can build anything you want!
    Cool! I`ll draw something up and run it by you ok!?...PR...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information