Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

did some a/f testing today..little scary

so I went out for my first ride after getting my rxp back together and I decided to bring my lm-1 with me. I'm running riva power filter, rr sc impeller, riva pro series ic, gutted waterbox, riva thru-hull pipe, and 42# injectors. The water is still veeeery cold, but the air temp aint too bad. I expected to have plenty of fuel flowing with my setup and the 42's, but my lm-1 told me a different story. I made sure it was all calibrated before I installed it, then put the ski in the water. At idle I was reading 14.2-14.6 afr. When I eased it on up into the 4-5000rpm range the afr would be in the 14.9-15.9 range the whole way . From there on the afr would start to drop a bit, slowly, and as I approched the rev limiter it would settle in at around 13.5 afr at wot. Not good.
    I know it's cold and that will lean it out a bit, but those numbers are just scary, especially up to the 5000rpm mark. I'm gonna do more testing to find out if somehow my readings were no good, or if I have bad injectors, or what. looking at the weather forecast, I won't be able to test again for a while, but I hope it goes better next time.

+1
    Mike something is definitly not right. Especially to be having AFR numbers in the 14 range at idle.

I would buy a new 02 sensor and try again.

Also, its normal for your AFR to go in the 13's at cruising speed while not under a load.

At WOT you want to see 11.9

At idle the numbers are usually in the low 12's

Yeah I'm hoping it's a bad sensor and all is good, but we'll see in the next few weeks.

Oh, and btw it's greg(dv8rxp) not mike(dv8raaz) lol that's ok. I hope I can get him to get his rxp out of the garage and in the water with me soon.

+1
    Sorry Greg, i get you two guys mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Also, its normal for your AFR to go in the 13's at cruising speed while not under a load.
    Would that mean that the prop has an effect on the afr. You say it can go into the 13's when not under load. With that being said, I'm using a temporary prop that is waay under pitch because my good prop hasnt come back from impros yet. This prop at 8200rpm is about 7mph slower than my normal prop at 8050, so it doesnt put much load on the motor at all. My prop will be back next week so I'll try again with the right prop and I'll re-calibrate my sensor, it shouldnt be a bad sensor because today was the first time using it, but you never know.

+1
    No, it's not the prop. It's just normal for the AFR to go into the 13's while cruising, even on a stock ski. This is just the way the ECU's are mapped. The ski is not under boost and not under load and is running at peak fuel efficiency.

unless my 42's are not really 42's and I never knew it because I did'nt have the lm-1 until now I did get them second hand from someone that I don't put too much trust in anymore after some work he did for me a few months ago.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8rxp View Post
    unless my 42's are not really 42's and I never knew it because I did'nt have the lm-1 until now I did get them second hand from someone that I don't put too much trust in anymore after some work he did for me a few months ago.
    whats the part number on the injectors ..easy to look up the size..

I'll try to get a number off of them tomorow if it's not raining too bad.

nah they must be 42's because they look exactly like the short purple one in this pic.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/attachme...9&d=1205818884

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information