Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Bruins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Holland, MI
    Posts
    81

    '97 GTX Starts hard and Hydrolocked on fuel?

    Guys,
    I put a new SBT motor in this '97 GTX and rebuilt the carbs. Now it starts hard and tonight it hydrolocked on it's own fuel! It runs good and ideals well also. But after I get it started and warmed up, then turned it off, after a couple of minutes of being off I have to give it 1/4 throttle to start.

    Any ideas?! Please help.


  2. #2
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruins View Post
    Guys,
    I put a new SBT motor in this '97 GTX and rebuilt the carbs. Now it starts hard and tonight it hydrolocked on it's own fuel! It runs good and ideals well also. But after I get it started and warmed up, then turned it off, after a couple of minutes of being off I have to give it 1/4 throttle to start.

    Any ideas?! Please help.
    When you rebuilt did you replace the needle valves and seats? What you describe sounds like those valves leaking.

  3. #3
    Bruins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Holland, MI
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    When you rebuilt did you replace the needle valves and seats? What you describe sounds like those valves leaking.
    no I didn't that's a goo idea. thanks! Any others?

  4. #4
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruins View Post
    no I didn't that's a goo idea. thanks! Any others?
    I would try that first, if its not that, you have leakage from the rebuild but that is unusual

  5. #5
    Tool Bag water worx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sunny Fla
    Posts
    1,925
    +1
    66
    Leaky needle & seats.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2014, 12:08 AM
  2. 97 GTX starting problems
    By JayZ in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 12:24 AM
  3. 05 GTX start button and wear ring
    By Zlat46 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 10:10 PM
  4. '97 GTX starting problems ... AGAIN (new thread)
    By Wildstyle in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 08:54 AM
  5. 97 gtx start problems
    By bigh62 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2007, 12:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •