Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fuel Consumption - X Models - Please advise

A couple of us are starting our breakin hours here in TN now that the weather is breaking.

The other day I tapped off the tank and and rode about 45 miles up and down the Cumberland River.

After about an hour had elapsed, and way the hell away from my dock, I looked down to discover that I had about 3 bars or so left on the guage. I immediately did a U-turn and made it back on the trailer with my fuel alarm going off.

What this tells us is that this machine is burning 13-14 gallons of fuel per hour. Are the rest of you guys seeing fuel burn in this range?

Now, I will say I respect, but am not babying the machine, but also not WOT for more than a few seconds here or there and mainly cruising at 50-55mph until I get more hours on it. Right now I have 2hrs showing, but it's very close to turning over to 3.

How's everyone else's fuel consumption going?

I usually get about 2 1/2 hrs. out of a tank of gas out of my t-x. Right now I have 12 hrs. on it. I don't remember mind getting that bad of gas mileage. Hopefully as you get a few more hours on it the mileage will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by jwade View Post
    A couple of us are starting our breakin hours here in TN now that the weather is breaking.

The other day I tapped off the tank and and rode about 45 miles up and down the Cumberland River.

After about an hour had elapsed, and way the hell away from my dock, I looked down to discover that I had about 3 bars or so left on the guage. I immediately did a U-turn and made it back on the trailer with my fuel alarm going off.

What this tells us is that this machine is burning 13-14 gallons of fuel per hour. Are the rest of you guys seeing fuel burn in this range?

Now, I will say I respect, but am not babying the machine, but also not WOT for more than a few seconds here or there and mainly cruising at 50-55mph until I get more hours on it. Right now I have 2hrs showing, but it's very close to turning over to 3.

How's everyone else's fuel consumption going?

Prolly just your break in A/F ratio being super rich, I bet you will see an improvement with more hours

I plan on doing a little better job monitoring it for the next few rides.

Just thought that I would get more like 2-2.5 hours out of a tank.

Thanks for the comments...Jon

+1
    I see about 2 to 3 hours per tank of gas when running hard.

+1
    I am going to watch mine closer the next time out

as my last ride was a little alarming on the fuel

Using bsfc of .53 and given that it's a 255hp watercraft. At wot your going to consume about 135 lbs of fuel per hour. Gas is about 6.2lbs per gallon so that's about 21.7 gallons per hour at wot. So if you use about half throttle on average your looking at about 11 gallons per hour. Probably a more realistic number for pleasure riding would be about 8 gallons per hour.

Just my $0.02

i have 32 hours on my pX, i get up to about 80 miles before i run out of gas, and thats WOT almost just as much as cruising

Yeh same here..If you cruise around 40 or so you can ride forever..But if you wind the rpms up doing spinouts or high mph riding then gas burns like crazy..

Quote Originally Posted by rxp-x78410 View Post
    i have 32 hours on my pX, i get up to about 80 miles before i run out of gas, and thats WOT almost just as much as cruising
    someone went to town with their new ski i got 13 or 14 on mine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information