+1

I'm beginning to lose faith in Riva's service dept.

Strike 1: Last summer I seized my #2 cylinder due to an oil injection failure. Since the rebuild was covered under warranty, I decided to have them install a stage II kit while they had it torn down to save some money on labor. When I opened my box of stock parts last month to get my stock head to send to Lowell, I realized they never gave it to me! They did however redeem themselves by replacing it with a new one.

Strike 2: This week the ski went in to have the throttle cable recall done. After getting it home I noticed that one of the trim cables were disconnected. Secondly, they didn't allow enough slack in the cables for my aftermarket bars to turn to the stops. It's fairly annoying that after bringing a perfectly running ski to the so-called experts I have to spend time fixing their mistakes.

That's enough venting for now. Thanks to the wealth of knowledge on this board, the only reason I need to have a dealer repair my ski is warranty work. For safety reasons I recommend that anyone having work done by them(or any dealership) perform a good pre-ride inspection, and once in the water make sure everything is working properly before riding wide open.

+1
    You hate to hear about this kind of thing.

For safety reasons I recommend that anyone having work done by them(or any dealership) perform a good pre-ride inspection, and once in the water make sure everything is working properly before riding wide open.
    Good advise anytime you go ride !

Riva

Welcome to the club!

I bought a seat cover from RIVA about a month ago. The cover came in damaged. So I called RIVA to see what they were going to do about the damaged cover. They said no problem send it back and they will send me a new cover -- cool. So I asked the guy about a return shipping label. He stated that the emailed shipping labels never works for them (funny I owned a business for over 5 years it always worked for me) but he said he would credit my credit card after all the transactions were complete. I got the new seat cover in, no damage . So I called the guy about 3 times and left mesages -- he will not return my phone calls and I have yet to see a credit on my cc for the shipping cost.

Why should I have to pay for return shipping on their mistake and/or poor QA/QC.

Heys guys as a tech i can say shit happens. RIVA has one of the better service depts. in the country, dont let a bad incident pu a bad taste in your mouth.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Strike 1: Last summer I seized my #2 cylinder due to an oil injection failure.
    how many hours did you have on it when the oil injection went?

3 x 1800 feeding my obsession sconti stellari's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TRuBLuE01 View Post
    Heys guys as a tech i can say shit happens. RIVA has one of the better service depts. in the country, dont let a bad incident pu a bad taste in your mouth.
    I agree that sh!t happens, I am a skilled tech in a different field so I understand things happen... BUT riva has got a lot of problems if you ask me! I fought with them for 9 months with a 2006 limited edition gpr (stage 1) that ran 59 mph gps and reguarly broke down on the water. Very Long story short deet dee dee weeba is we tall dead all of em even the owner would transfer me to someone else cause he knew i was right. anyway that's over now and i am running 75 thanks to jim. Sooo good luck with riva

+1
    how many hours did you have on it when the oil injection went?
    46. I'll definately be converting to premix when my new top end comes back from Lowell.

I understand that mistakes happen, but I've had two bad experiences in two trips, so I'm just hesitant to go to them in the future. I think part of the problem was they were swamped with recalls. The service rep told me they were getting 6-7 a day. As for their other departments I can say only good things. My buddy who bought his VX Cruiser from them was very impressed with the salesman he worked with. I've dealt with their parts guys a lot and they have always been professional. Tony in parts is the one who put me in touch with the tuner I'm working with on my rebuild, and he also helped make sure I got a replacement head from the service dept.

3 x 1800 feeding my obsession sconti stellari's Avatar
    I understand that mistakes happen, but I've had two bad experiences in two trips, so I'm just hesitant to go to them in the future. I think part of the problem was they were swamped with recalls. The service rep told me they were getting 6-7 a day. As for their other departments I can say only good things. My buddy who bought his VX Cruiser from them was very impressed with the salesman he worked with. I've dealt with their parts guys a lot and they have always been professional. Tony in parts is the one who put me in touch with the tuner I'm working with on my rebuild, and he also helped make sure I got a replacement head from the service dept.[/quote]

Ooops! I did forget about tony, he was the only one cool with me!

#1: a couple years ago when we made a rather large purchase from riva, we asked the lady for some stickers and maybe even a graphics kit cuz we had just spent alot of dough... well no kit, not even one stupid ass sticker..plus it was missing some pieces we had ordered..... ive got plenty of stickers thats not the point,, but when you promise a customer something you should follow through...

#2: i ordered some high speed jets... 3 of them to be exact, paid for fast shipping, i needed them by a certain date.... when i got the package only two were in there, with the invoice stating (3)... i called and they shipped another jet, charged my card again. i called back saying why the hell are you gonna charge me again if its your fault... so they took it off.......

i guess everything has been worked out everytime, but i would think they might have there chit together a little more being as huge and as reputable as they are.....

i must say if it werent for the riva magazine i wouldnt have stumbled across the modded ski world as easily......and if it werent for their forum i would have never found GREENHULK.....

I don't see how strike #1 is a big deal? your injection failed and they sent you a brand new head? #2 was an oversight by a tech who had probably done so many he didn't even have to think about it but the aftermarket bars were the problem , he should have checked the travel yes , So I give them 1 strike.
    just being the devil's advocate here

Thread Information