a few ?'s about yamaha

hi guys i was wondering about a few things and maybe you guys can help me make up my mind. first let me start by saying i am looking to buy a pair of ski's one for me and one for the wife. we had a pair about five years ago but when we had children we decided to sell them and get some quads. well now the kids are a little older and i want to return to the water. my first thought was to get myself an rxp and the wife a gtx but with all the things i have read about the rxp im not sure i want it i want a ski that will run for a long time with little or no probs and that can take a beating. i wont be racing or anything like that buti do want one that will be fast and also i would rather it be able to spin in the water "like my old 94 xp" it will be used on lakes 90% of the time and 10% on the ohio river.
    there are alot of barges out on the ohio so a hull strong enough to take jumping is also important. and for the wife i would like to get a model that will complament mine her requirments are that it is stable and able to pull
    a tube with a kid on it. so what pair do you guys suggest i get.

Quote Originally Posted by jayblazer View Post
    hi guys i was wondering about a few things and maybe you guys can help me make up my mind. first let me start by saying i am looking to buy a pair of ski's one for me and one for the wife. we had a pair about five years ago but when we had children we decided to sell them and get some quads. well now the kids are a little older and i want to return to the water. my first thought was to get myself an rxp and the wife a gtx but with all the things i have read about the rxp im not sure i want it i want a ski that will run for a long time with little or no probs and that can take a beating. i wont be racing or anything like that buti do want one that will be fast and also i would rather it be able to spin in the water "like my old 94 xp" it will be used on lakes 90% of the time and 10% on the ohio river.
    there are alot of barges out on the ohio so a hull strong enough to take jumping is also important. and for the wife i would like to get a model that will complament mine her requirments are that it is stable and able to pull
    a tube with a kid on it. so what pair do you guys suggest i get.
    I would get two FXHO's. You could get a VX Deluxe and a FXHO but once the wife and kids ride the FXHO you would be driving the VX Deluxe.

I have two VX Deluxes and they are great starter skies but I want a pair of FXHO's.

If money is not an object the SHO would be an option for you maybe. Good luck and enjoy.

What's your budget on 2 skis? Are you looking new or used? If you're out to get what you want then my suggestion would be an FX HO for you and an FX Cruiser (HO) for the Wife and Kids. I was in your exact position last year and that's the route I went. The skis are reliable, spacious, speedy, stable, and get excellent fuel economy (which is becoming a major issue with the rocketing fuel prices.) Just my .02

Thread Information