Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

carb rebuild cost?

how much does/should a carb rebuild kit for a 1997 spx cost? my stealer tells me they are like over $100? he also went on to say that it should never even need a rebuild,just clean the baskets.the carbs are designed to last the life of the ski.....any idea on wether this guy is right or is he a nut job.
    thanks

+1
    I charge $42 for a genuine Mikuni carb kits,they dont come with needle/seats & they are like $15 each.

Most of the time the just need a good cleaning & replace the main diaphram ($16).

+1
    Didn't you get Badfish to do the rebuild? He isn't exactly a dealer.

I don't think the dealers in Canada sell the rebuild kit. They order the parts individually from BRP. I picked up mine in the US and they were around $50 each.

You should only need the carb filters and maybe the diaphram. The ski's up here don't get the hours the ski's down south get and don't have to worry about salt water.

How many hours are on your ski?

Thumbs down cost

i just bought two kits they are (from the Sea Doo dealer) 50 dollars each/per carb.

Thumbs down

Didn't you get Badfish to do the rebuild?
    i dont want to slag any one,but i will here...
    DO NOT go to badfish for anything. absolute worst experience i have ever had with anyone in this industry(or any in fact). he doesnt return calls ,answer the phone, return e mails.he lies to you.makes up storys. tells you a part is not available when it really is...it all started when i sent my vts to be repaired.he is supposed to be able to repair the modules to new condition(he can not!)...it was supposed to take a week.to make a really long story short.3 1/2 months later i still didnt have it and then when it did finally arrive( it was worse then when i sent it to him.there is more to the story but it would take a while...anyway ,i finnaly just went and bought a new unit.
    now im lookin to get my carbs done and im gettin the run around from a new imbosile.this industry is really bad for morons i tell ya.anyway be for warned,he is not a good business man.maybe thats why he is called BAD-fish?
    this is just my experience maybe someone else could have better luck with him...

How many hours are on your ski?
    its a 97 spx and it has no gauge for hours.so i can only assume.but i did buy it from the seconed owner who i know and she rode it maybe 3 or 4 times. she bought it from the original owner who she knew well and he kept it mint and rode it very little as well.i have since rode the hell out of though.so im gonna guess its at like 80-90 hours.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by levonhelmet View Post
    its a 97 spx and it has no gauge for hours.so i can only assume.but i did buy it from the seconed owner who i know and she rode it maybe 3 or 4 times. she bought it from the original owner who she knew well and he kept it mint and rode it very little as well.i have since rode the hell out of though.so im gonna guess its at like 80-90 hours.
    You have to take it to a dealer so they can hook up a programmer and read the hours. Takes almost a minute...

+1
    Thanks for the heads up about Badfish. Luckily I live by him so if I take a VTS to him, I can have him test it before I pay him. I haven't used him for anything yet and probably won't unless I need a VTS done.

Are your carbs off the ski or are they still on there? Have you changed your fuel lines yet?

Are your carbs off the ski or are they still on there? Have you changed your fuel lines yet?
    carbs are still on.just bought the fuel lines so i will put them on in the next few days.whenever i can get back to guelph where my ski is stored.when i change the lines i will pull off the carbs and clean the baskets again,and if they need it i will go out and get the gaskets and diaphram,but i hopin they dont,cause i have put alot of deneros into this thing this year already....
    cheers

You have to take it to a dealer so they can hook up a programmer and read the hours. Takes almost a minute...
    oh thanks, thats good to know....but my stealer will probably charge me way to much just for that anyway. .. im notreally concerned with how many hours it has, as long as it runs well ....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information