Side Lifter Wedges

Do they actually work ? I was going about 70 and hit some wakes. It lifted me off the ski. My legs would leave the foot wheel. Both of my legs were bruised on the inside from the series of wakes I bounced through.

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.as...D&ProdID=19165

+1
    YES, side lifter wedges work. You can tuck your toes under and stay glued to the seat even in heavy chop. You have to be careful where you install them. You need to get your foot out from under them easily or you could snap your ancle if you were to get tossed. I know Mark(hydrotoys) makes his own and swears by them. Pm him and see what direction he steers you in.

I don't do high speed turns with waves. It's recreational wakes at high speed that bounce me off the seat. I think the hydroturfs on the insde of of the foot well work work for me since I'm not likely to get tossed going straight over waves/wakes.

This was the thread showing Mark's wedges
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/viewt...edges&start=25

+1
    its for the end of a stand up tray

Change your riding style. When hitting wakes at higher speeds, you shouldn't be on the seat. Lift your arse off the seat and use your legs as shock absorbers. If your weight is on the seat you'll get bounced all over the place.

Good for when your riding alone...but if you have a passenger...cant quite stand up.

I know Kinch rides with his woman alot if im not mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by RustySeaRustyDoo
    Good for when your riding alone...but if you have a passenger...cant quite stand up.

I know Kinch rides with his woman alot if im not mistaken
    Yes I do and sometimes I'll crouch a little and lift her up off her seat if I see a bad wave coming. I've gotten used to watching for them when I see boats, etc and I'll ride parallel to them then cut against them when they are small. When I ride by myself I stand up and I'll lean forward a bit when I hit chop. I almost got thrown though when I hit some crossing chop and while I was standing the chop threw me up in the air. I was pretty much doing a superman without laying on the seat. My ski left the water and I was doing like 70. Then the ski landed back in the water , slammed me into the seat and hit another wake at an angle and I was back in superman but at an angle. I had left off the throttle from the first wave so was able to land the second wake ok. Wish there was a way to lock my feet in. I know those bike shoes with pedal locks would be dangerous but I think side wedges might be my ticket.

You have to be able to turn your foot to release the clips on the bike shoes.

Thread Information