Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bunk Slides or Carpet

Is the slide pads or carpet better for the hull ?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    if by slide pads you mean Bunk mates... don't get them kinch. they will destroy your hull... been there done that.

so do sell a similar item as bunkmates, but then extend the ENTIRE length of the hull, not jsut 2 pieces that are 12" each. those are horrible, biggest mistake i ever installed on my trailer. launch was great, but there was a price to pay

either go with carpeted bunks or bunkaps is my input

+1
    Carpet is easier on the hull providing you keep the carpet clean but I've been running sliders for over 8 years and won't use anything else. I also unload my trailer after every outing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	double_201.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	767.9 KB 
ID:	4180   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dscf0029_588.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	711.5 KB 
ID:	4181   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dscf0005_203.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	320.0 KB 
ID:	4182  

I was looking at these
    http://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.as...27&strCompare=

Says teflexon is friction free plastic that won't cause gelcoat blistering.

If carpet is better on the hull I'll just stick with it.

+1
    Tree huggers don't scream But i spray a little wd on my carpet bunks after each launch.....thing glides on like butter.

J3ff
    there's something called Liquid rollers.......spray it on once a month, makes things amazing!!!!!

but you really gotta tie your ski down, it moves alot on the trailer with the bunks like ice.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    I was looking at these
    http://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.as...27&strCompare=

Says teflexon is friction free plastic that won't cause gelcoat blistering.

If carpet is better on the hull I'll just stick with it.
    Those are exactly what are on my old double trailer, the first picture I posted. I've had scuff marks from carpet and from sliders. The key is to keep them clean. I trailer my skis at least 2500 miles a year riding on sliders with minor scuffing. All scuffs buff right out. If you leave your Doo on the trailer when stored and have access to good ramps, sliders are a waste of money. I launch from shore in mud, sand and rocks from very shallow shores. Sliders are a must for me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybat
    Tree huggers don't scream But i spray a little wd on my carpet bunks after each launch.....thing glides on like butter.
    WD40 on the carpet will attract dirt which will scratch your ski! Even just the carpet alone in and out of a dirty lake will scratch your ski.
    Bunkaps are the way to go for me to!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by oklagp1200r
    WD40 on the carpet will attract dirt which will scratch your ski! Even just the carpet alone in and out of a dirty lake will scratch your ski.
    I bought a couple sets of Bunkaps and they sure look great, until I tried to dry load my Doo's off the carts on to the trailer. Them things are like dragging your Doo across no slip mats. I destroyed both winches trying to crank them on the trailer, the winch brackets broke and the winch stands bent over so far the winch handles couldn't turn. I ended up pulling them on with my ATV. On my way to the lake, I stopped at the hardware store and bought the stuff to make a set of temp bunks. Those bunknaps ended up in the trash. They look great and the ride great but if you unload or load the skis without a lake, forget it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast-XPL
    Quote Originally Posted by oklagp1200r
    I bought a couple sets of Bunkaps and they sure look great, until I tried to dry load my Doo's off the carts on to the trailer. Them things are like dragging your Doo across no slip mats. I destroyed both winches trying to crank them on the trailer, the winch brackets broke and the winch stands bent over so far the winch handles couldn't turn. I ended up pulling them on with my ATV. On my way to the lake, I stopped at the hardware store and bought the stuff to make a set of temp bunks. Those bunknaps ended up in the trash. They look great and the ride great but if you unload or load the skis without a lake, forget it
    BABY OIL is the answer!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information