Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Confused about repitching/bending prop please help

Ok so I was out yesterday and my RPMs where at 8220. So today I removed the prop and marked it 1in from the trailing edge. Then I added exactly 1mm of pitch to all four blades bending the prop at the 1in mark. I measered it from the 1in mark that I made and made sure it was 1 mm. So I took it out and ran it and I am now at 8180. So I noticed that in the how to section the pictures show a mark in the center of the blade. Is that where you are supposed to measure the bend at? I mean do you bend the blade at the 1in mark until the blade starts to bend at the center mark of the blade? Thats what im confused about. Where to bend it and where to measure it. So do you bend it at the 1in mark and measure it at the center mark on the blade? I must have sort of did it right cause the RPMs did drop a little just not enough. Please help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post
    Ok so I was out yesterday and my RPMs where at 8220. So today I removed the prop and marked it 1in from the trailing edge. Then I added exactly 1mm of pitch to all four blades bending the prop at the 1in mark. I measered it from the 1in mark that I made and made sure it was 1 mm. So I took it out and ran it and I am now at 8180. So I noticed that in the how to section the pictures show a mark in the center of the blade. Is that where you are supposed to measure the bend at? I mean do you bend the blade at the 1in mark until the blade starts to bend at the center mark of the blade? Thats what im confused about. Where to bend it and where to measure it. So do you bend it at the 1in mark and measure it at the center mark on the blade? I must have sort of did it right cause the RPMs did drop a little just not enough. Please help
    this will help, forget about the centre blade mark, thats only to measure the centre of the prop pitch, not for reducing or gaining rpm's
    Impeller Pitching (Updated) - Green Hulk PWC Performance Forums

+1
    Anybody else wanna chim in? Greenhulk?

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    you did it correctly...like he said, ignore the center mark. just have to bend her a little more.

+1
    Thanks, just wanted to make sure im doing it right befor I bent it any more.

+1
    You don't want to measure at the 1" mark and you certainly don't want to measure at the center of the blade. The measurement is to be taken at the very back of the blade. You start 1" up from the back of the blade and make a gradual bend so at the tip it will be +/- 1 mm or whatever you are wanting to bend it.

You start bending 1" up so that you don't try to bend the very back of the blade where you take the measurement and end up with a big nasty kink in it.

BTW, if i'm only pitching 1 mm i start 1" up. If i'm pitching 2+ mm i start further up that than.

You want a nice gradual progression..... no kinks!

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    whoops!! I totally missed all that....yeah, what he said

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    You don't want to measure at the 1" mark and you certainly don't want to measure at the center of the blade. The measurement is to be taken at the very back of the blade. You start 1" up from the back of the blade and make a gradual bend so at the tip it will be +/- 1 mm or whatever you are wanting to bend it.

You start bending 1" up so that you don't try to bend the very back of the blade where you take the measurement and end up with a big nasty kink in it.

BTW, if i'm only pitching 1 mm i start 1" up. If i'm pitching 2+ mm i start further up that than.

You want a nice gradual progression..... no kinks!
    I understand now, thanks So when I add another mm to it I should start a little further up than 1in because it will be 2mm bend?
    Last edited by Turbo Nick; 04-25-2008 at 09:58 PM.

+1
    I understand now, thanks So when I add another mm to it I should start a little further up than 1in because it will be 2mm bend?
    Correct!

Just remember that you want to make the transition as smooth as possible without any kinks

What happens if you put a kink in it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information