rotax racing front motor mount

the RR mount is 4mm shorter that the stock one is that because the stock one colapses under weight???? or do I need to shim up the RR mount

+1
    Jim, 4mm sure sounds like a lot. I would put washers between the mount and engine mount..

Yes, the stocker does colapse slightly under the weight of the engine but not 4 mm.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i have two RR motor mounts that are significantly shorter than stock....4mm sounds about right. that's why i always say u should align the engine. alot of people say the engine feels stiffer with the mount and you feel the engine in contact with the hull more... i say it's bc ur outta alignment.

my skis with solid front mounts feel jsut as quiet and smooth in the driveline as a stock mount... i re-align my engines everytime i install them

Thanks guys

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    i have two RR motor mounts that are significantly shorter than stock....4mm sounds about right. that's why i always say u should align the engine. alot of people say the engine feels stiffer with the mount and you feel the engine in contact with the hull more... i say it's bc ur outta alignment.

my skis with solid front mounts feel jsut as quiet and smooth in the driveline as a stock mount... i re-align my engines everytime i install them
    so do i need to realign my engine after installing the piraahna front mount. I have not noticed any issues with it.
    Last edited by skoepp; 04-26-2008 at 11:31 PM.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    if the hood ain't rattling, the motor ain't bouncing around or vibrating, and you dont feel anything in the handlebars, i'd say you're good enough... you wont hurt anything, the driveline is forgiving enough to a degree

if you ever check alignment and find that it's off, and you correct it with great precision, u'd be surprised the difference it makes in smoothness.. i've noticed it on my skis several times.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    if the hood ain't rattling, the motor ain't bouncing around or vibrating, and you dont feel anything in the handlebars, i'd say you're good enough... you wont hurt anything, the driveline is forgiving enough to a degree

if you ever check alignment and find that it's off, and you correct it with great precision, u'd be surprised the difference it makes in smoothness.. i've noticed it on my skis several times.
    thanks for the info shibby.
    I will say that my T-X does have a vibration and always has. You think its got an issue or have others noticed this with the x skis. In fact there is a rattle in the hood and i cant figure out where it is coming from. I just figured it was normal, as when i first put her in the water she really vibrated and i just thought it was the enging setup. It got less but definitely has a grown and a little vibration to it.

+1
    Hey shibby would re-aligning the motor require that tool from SBT?

I put a Piranha mount on the front of my ski and just used the existing shim that was there already. I figured I did not need to worry about anything else. Guess we will see if it vibrates alot when I crank it up. In the past you could not even tell the motor was running thats how smooth it ran.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    so do i need to realign my engine after installing the piraahna front mount. I have not noticed any issues with it.

skoepp,

When I installed my piranha front engine mount and aligned my engine after having it out of the hull I did have to shim the front engine mount.. If i remember correctly it was two of the smallest shims you can purchase thru sea doo.

put the alignment tool in the boat and the 4mm shorter mount was right on the money I cant belive the stock one worked!

Thread Information