+1

Riva Intercooler install questions...

Hi guys, I am working on installing a Riva Pro Series Intercooler and have a few questions:

1: How do you remove the stock intercooler? I tried pulling on it after I took the hoses out but that thing will not budge.

2: The BOV air line, is it required to go into the center Intake boss? If so any ideas why? Also when I drill the boss out will I need to worry about plastice shavings going into my intake? Should I remove it to make sure I do it without any shavings going in my intake?

3: I am installing a boost gauge too, can I just drill out the front boss and hook the boost gauge into there for boost reading? Or should I use the block off plate?

4: Also I am installing a RRFPR should it go into the block off plate too or can I install it on the rear boss?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    Hi guys, I am working on installing a Riva Pro Series Intercooler and have a few questions:

1: How do you remove the stock intercooler? I tried pulling on it after I took the hoses out but that thing will not budge.
    Twist it with a screw driver between the pipes to loosen it and pull while twisting.

2: The BOV air line, is it required to go into the center Intake boss? If so any ideas why? Also when I drill the boss out will I need to worry about plastice shavings going into my intake? Should I remove it to make sure I do it without any shavings going in my intake?
    I would put the bov vaccum on the rear boss. Drilling will leave a minimal amount of plastic in there which will burn up to ash quickly or use a heated rod or clothes hanger wire to melt the hole in the boss.

3: I am installing a boost gauge too, can I just drill out the front boss and hook the boost gauge into there for boost reading? Or should I use the block off plate?
    Most guys drill and tap the blockoff plate for 1/8" NPT and put the boost guage there.

4: Also I am installing a RRFPR should it go into the block off plate too or can I install it on the rear boss?
    I would put the RRFPR vaccum on the front boss.

Thanks!
    z

I have been told by Les Cooke not to put the vac line for the RRFPR on to any of the intake runners as it might cause a pules in the vac/boost signal. Drill and tap a hole next to the stock MAP sensor or into the I/C block off.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP & RXT View Post
    I have been told by Les Cooke not to put the vac line for the RRFPR on to any of the intake runners as it might cause a pules in the vac/boost signal. Drill and tap a hole next to the stock MAP sensor or into the I/C block off.
    Jerry recommends the 1st boss on the intake runner but it probably dosen't make any difference.

+1
    Thanks for the info guys! My ski is comming along and just want to make sure I do everything right

Thread Information