Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Gas In Air Intake Drain tube

Can anyone tell me where the gas comes from that is accumulating in the air intake drain tube after doing a 250km run with lots of WOT drain tube was near enough full. 2007 X, no mods or blockoffs 25hrs on motor. also suggestions to fix thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    Can anyone tell me where the gas comes from that is accumulating in the air intake drain tube after doing a 250km run with lots of WOT drain tube was near enough full. 2007 X, no mods or blockoffs 25hrs on motor. also suggestions to fix thanks.
    Its coming from your crankcase as a gas and then condensing into a liquid.

+1
    ok via which tube into intake airbox. so do i have a problem or is this normal?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    ok via which tube into intake airbox. so do i have a problem or is this normal?
    normal

+1
    come on guys 66 views and 1 reply.

+1
    Its coming from the tube between the catch can and the intake.

Catch can filter

J is 100% correct

This is how I stoped this problem in my ski...You go get yourslef a small "breather" filter at your local Auto Zone, Advanced Auto, or any local auto parts store and put it on top of the oil catch can

What you do is remove the hose that is attached to the top of the oil catch can the other end is attached to the air intake tube, remove that hose and discard, now throw one of those small filters on the top of the catch can and find something to block off that place on the air intake tube where the hose you just remove was attached , you could leave that on covered if you want but I just felt better knowing it was blocked off

You can just order a kit that will provide all of what you will need form R rated performance here is the link (this is where I stole the image from)

http://www.rratedperformance.com/ULTRA250XPRODUCTS.html

Now I will warn you this can make one hell of a mess inside you engine compartment....TRUST ME I KNOW ! the mess is caused by oil and gasoline vapor that is comming out of crankcase/oil catch can (this is the same stuff you are finding in your drain tube)

If you do, do this mod and your oil level is not 100% perfect that oil/gas vapor can come out that little filter and spray everywhere...this happend to me once and only once...that tought me to keep an very close eye on my oil level ever since then there is no oil/gas vapor in my air intake tube or sprayed anywhere in the engine compartment

Dont do that Mod. It will kill your SC belt.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250xryder View Post
    J is 100% correct

This is how I stoped this problem in my ski...You go get yourslef a small "breather" filter at your local Auto Zone, Advanced Auto, or any local auto parts store and put it on top of the oil catch can

What you do is remove the hose that is attached to the top of the oil catch can the other end is attached to the air intake tube, remove that hose and discard, now throw one of those small filters on the top of the catch can and find something to block off that place on the air intake tube where the hose you just remove was attached , you could leave that on covered if you want but I just felt better knowing it was blocked off

You can just order a kit that will provide all of what you will need form R rated performance here is the link (this is where I stole the image from)

http://www.rratedperformance.com/ULTRA250XPRODUCTS.html

Now I will warn you this can make one hell of a mess inside you engine compartment....TRUST ME I KNOW ! the mess is caused by oil and gasoline vapor that is comming out of crankcase/oil catch can (this is the same stuff you are finding in your drain tube)

If you do, do this mod and your oil level is not 100% perfect that oil/gas vapor can come out that little filter and spray everywhere...this happend to me once and only once...that tought me to keep an very close eye on my oil level ever since then there is no oil/gas vapor in my air intake tube or sprayed anywhere in the engine compartment

As skipp said re the charger

But another thing to consider is that the mid suction that is created from the inlet venting tube, will not only keep things clean, lube the super charger, but also give some help to the venting of the c/case fumes, other wise there is less suction possibly affecting the GIO potential dramas

less fumes that can turn back to a liquid , means less liquid that will drain in to the sump.

just my .02

Warren

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Dont do that Mod. It will kill your SC belt.
    Well like I said I only had a problem with this mod once...

And that was just oil spray on the intercooler and rear side of the engine and I after that point keep a very close eye on the oil level and have not had a problem since with any oil spary...the supercharger belt cover should provide plenty of protection to run this mod safely...It has for me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information