Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625

    Gas In Air Intake Drain tube

    Can anyone tell me where the gas comes from that is accumulating in the air intake drain tube after doing a 250km run with lots of WOT drain tube was near enough full. 2007 X, no mods or blockoffs 25hrs on motor. also suggestions to fix thanks.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    20
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    Can anyone tell me where the gas comes from that is accumulating in the air intake drain tube after doing a 250km run with lots of WOT drain tube was near enough full. 2007 X, no mods or blockoffs 25hrs on motor. also suggestions to fix thanks.
    Its coming from your crankcase as a gas and then condensing into a liquid.

  3. #3
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    ok via which tube into intake airbox. so do i have a problem or is this normal?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    20
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    ok via which tube into intake airbox. so do i have a problem or is this normal?
    normal

  5. #5
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    come on guys 66 views and 1 reply.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    20
    +1
    1
    Its coming from the tube between the catch can and the intake.

  7. #7

    Catch can filter

    J is 100% correct

    This is how I stoped this problem in my ski...You go get yourslef a small "breather" filter at your local Auto Zone, Advanced Auto, or any local auto parts store and put it on top of the oil catch can



    What you do is remove the hose that is attached to the top of the oil catch can the other end is attached to the air intake tube, remove that hose and discard, now throw one of those small filters on the top of the catch can and find something to block off that place on the air intake tube where the hose you just remove was attached , you could leave that on covered if you want but I just felt better knowing it was blocked off

    You can just order a kit that will provide all of what you will need form R rated performance here is the link (this is where I stole the image from)

    http://www.rratedperformance.com/ULTRA250XPRODUCTS.html

    Now I will warn you this can make one hell of a mess inside you engine compartment....TRUST ME I KNOW ! the mess is caused by oil and gasoline vapor that is comming out of crankcase/oil catch can (this is the same stuff you are finding in your drain tube)

    If you do, do this mod and your oil level is not 100% perfect that oil/gas vapor can come out that little filter and spray everywhere...this happend to me once and only once...that tought me to keep an very close eye on my oil level ever since then there is no oil/gas vapor in my air intake tube or sprayed anywhere in the engine compartment

  8. #8
    Dont do that Mod. It will kill your SC belt.

  9. #9
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,162
    +1
    602

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250xryder View Post
    J is 100% correct

    This is how I stoped this problem in my ski...You go get yourslef a small "breather" filter at your local Auto Zone, Advanced Auto, or any local auto parts store and put it on top of the oil catch can



    What you do is remove the hose that is attached to the top of the oil catch can the other end is attached to the air intake tube, remove that hose and discard, now throw one of those small filters on the top of the catch can and find something to block off that place on the air intake tube where the hose you just remove was attached , you could leave that on covered if you want but I just felt better knowing it was blocked off

    You can just order a kit that will provide all of what you will need form R rated performance here is the link (this is where I stole the image from)

    http://www.rratedperformance.com/ULTRA250XPRODUCTS.html

    Now I will warn you this can make one hell of a mess inside you engine compartment....TRUST ME I KNOW ! the mess is caused by oil and gasoline vapor that is comming out of crankcase/oil catch can (this is the same stuff you are finding in your drain tube)

    If you do, do this mod and your oil level is not 100% perfect that oil/gas vapor can come out that little filter and spray everywhere...this happend to me once and only once...that tought me to keep an very close eye on my oil level ever since then there is no oil/gas vapor in my air intake tube or sprayed anywhere in the engine compartment

    As skipp said re the charger

    But another thing to consider is that the mid suction that is created from the inlet venting tube, will not only keep things clean, lube the super charger, but also give some help to the venting of the c/case fumes, other wise there is less suction possibly affecting the GIO potential dramas

    less fumes that can turn back to a liquid , means less liquid that will drain in to the sump.

    just my .02

    Warren

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Dont do that Mod. It will kill your SC belt.
    Well like I said I only had a problem with this mod once...

    And that was just oil spray on the intercooler and rear side of the engine and I after that point keep a very close eye on the oil level and have not had a problem since with any oil spary...the supercharger belt cover should provide plenty of protection to run this mod safely...It has for me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Oil in air intake ?
    By edge in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 01:07 AM
  2. oil in air intake
    By busa504 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 10:31 PM
  3. Ultra 250 Oil in Air Box Drain Tube
    By PRFCNST in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 06:05 PM
  4. Gas in intake drain tube
    By spaulding in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 11:47 PM
  5. OIL IN AIR INTAKE
    By 818RXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-17-2005, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •